Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTF, Rosado was offered more money to fight Macklin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NyQuillin has no following except for Jloro. So no surprise that they don't invest much in his fights.
    Last edited by The Problem Child; 11-12-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

peter quillin is andre berto. making ten times as much as his opponents. the only guys who will accept are bums and no names and thats just the way golden boy likes it. how to manufacture a "star"

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        I think the point is that it is surprising that GBP were offering him less to fight their US world champ, than DBP were to fight their Irish contender.
        gotcha.............

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          peter quillin is andre berto. making ten times as much as his opponents. the only guys who will accept are bums and no names and thats just the way golden boy likes it. how to manufacture a "star"
          Quillin has hardly been overpaid.

Quillin $130K, Winky 200K
          Quillin $150k, N'dam 400k
          Quillin $340k, Guerrero $100k

I think the point is that it is surprising that GBP were offering him less to fight their US world champ, than DBP were to fight their Irish contender.
          Don't think there's anything surprising about that. Most of the time fighters (especially when they're desperate) take short money to get a chance at a title.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            Don't think there's anything surprising about that. Most of the time fighters (especially when they're desperate) take short money to get a chance at a title.
            Yeah, you're probably right but I guess there's a natural assumption that 'big money' goes with the big title fight. Not always true as you say.

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right but I guess there's a natural assumption that 'big money' goes with the big title fight. Not always true as you say.
              I mean that's what I associated that with. He's on a big card too with a big promoter... didn't see Lou offering him more than that

Comment

Rosado was up in the fight and also had all the momentum at the time they went in and saved their fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  Quillin has hardly been overpaid.

Quillin $130K, Winky 200K
                  Quillin $150k, N'dam 400k
                  Quillin $340k, Guerrero $100k

i'm talking about his last 2 fights since he became "champ". 340k to fight guererro and you don't consider that overpaid? lmao! guerrero is a guy that got ko'd on espn2. yea its not andre "1 million dollars to fight freddy hernandez" berto bad but its still bad.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    i'm talking about his last 2 fights since he became "champ". 340k to fight guererro and you don't consider that overpaid? lmao! guerrero is a guy that got ko'd on espn2. yea its not andre "1 million dollars to fight freddy hernandez" berto bad but its still bad.
                    Not that bad for a champion in GBP on a bigger fight's undercard

Comment

If Rosado don't like it he can always take his cry baby ass to work for wal-mart

Comment

Working...
                      X