Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBC Announces Mandatory Fights: Chavez Jr vs James DeGale? Danny Garcia, And More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBC Announces Mandatory Fights: Chavez Jr vs James DeGale? Danny Garcia, And More

Full List Of Key Rulings Related To Mandatory Fights Click Link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ndatory-fights

Super middleweight: Titleholder Sakio Bika must make two mandatory defenses. The first is against Anthony Dirrell on Dec. 7. The winner of the fight was approved for one optional defense. Marco Antonio Periban and James DeGale were ordered to meet in a semifinal eliminator with the winner ordered to meet Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. to determine the second mandatory challenger. Keep in mind that these orders are the WBC’s wishes and that often what it lays out does not wind up happening because either a fighter decides to go in another direction or, as often happens, the WBC ignores its own ruling.

Junior welterweight: Danny Garcia’s last fight in September was his mandatory against Lucas Matthysse, but a final eliminator to determine the next mandatory was approved between Viktor Postal and Selcuk Aydin.
    Source: Dan Rafael of ESPN.com

Jr has zero notable wins at 168, the WBC does everything possible to cater to this lazy slob.

Comment

isnt suleiman his godfather or something?

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        isnt suleiman his godfather or something?
        What is next is he going to poison Jr's opponents or have them beaten before a fight all while they just "forget" to drug test jr again?

Comment

throw the belts in the trash.

Comment

Yall failing to see the big picture, by the WBC forcing about to force a mandatory on Garcia, he gets skipped for his number 1 spot in the Floyd sweepstakes, whether for Khan, and who else ever

Comment

Garcia never was in the Mayweather sweepsteaks. Schaefer and team Mayweather decided weeks ago that high reward low risk Khan would be the May 2014 cherrypick. They have so little faith in Khan that they don't dare let him have a fight before May 2014 for fear Khan will lose and blow the Mayweather fighter. Maybe Garcia will get to fight Mayweather in September 2014.

Comment

I would definitely favour Chavez over Degale.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Based on what, other than his usual 15lb advantage over opponents and PEDs which he isn't tested for I don't see what advantages he has against fighters his own size.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Yes I would too if the fight was in Texas or Mexico City.

Comment

Working...
                    X