No announcement yet.

Talked to a doctor about Mago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    TS talked to a f#cking doctor, who used his background to speculate about magomed's condition given the facts presented to us through the media. all of this was made explicit in the post.

just delete your account, dude. no good comes from it.
    ^^^^^ what he said.

Comment

Lol so many damn ******s in this thread

Comment

Some of you guys are taking a doctor's opinion too personal.
        This doctor doesn't know who Mago is or anything about him. He gave his opinion on the situation as a doctor.
        I can see how him saying for his family go give up made people angry, but as a doctor I don't see him being emotionally attached.
        I don't know if he'll get better or not, I hope he does, but somebody with more professional knowledge than all of us here gave his opinion on the situation.
        As for donating his organs, i'm very pro organ donation. Don't know wtf all this harvesting people like crops are.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
          A good friend of mine's dad is a doctor. He doesn't watch boxing or know anything other than what I told him, but I explained everything that happened to this point. He told me that if he had to be ihntibated because of the stroke and is on life that support, that he's likely now in a persistent vegetative state due to the stroke and trauma. His brain was swollen from the trauma which caused the blood cot and stroke, which is why they took a piece of his skull out. He said he suspects he's brain dead and the only hold up is waiting for the family to accept that, give up, and decide to donate his organs. I really hope that's not the case, but I trust this guy a lot. I'm keeping Magomed and his family in my prayers, but I always like to prepare for the worst whole hoping for the best. I told my wife after the first round that the fight should be stopped. Mago was already defeated. He was looking in the camera to see his face swelling on the big screen behind the ring. I said if he's worried about that, he's done. It should have been stopped then and there.
          I hope he doesn't become a "beating heart cadaver". Thats prob the worst way to go out

Comment

Well, I'm not one to challenge the expertise of a doctor, but, and nothing against the doctor, I hope he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              No, If ive learnt one thing in my years, its that having a medical degree can be massively overated, by both the Dr and people asking for advice.

Its the most specialized industry in the world, yet they always have an opinion yet ive spent more years at school that most MDs and trust me, people think im full of ****. Especially on here and they are right.

I have no idea about the outcome of this patient, but trust me. onnly his family would and his neurosurgeon is, like us just guessing an hoping.
              Yeah but 10 years in high school doesn't count

Comment

I really cannot believe that some people are actually abusing what a friend told another friend on here. I understand the sensitivity regarding this subject but the friend was just giving his medical opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
                  Well, I'm not one to challenge the expertise of a doctor, but, and nothing against the doctor, I hope he's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    I think the individuals who are freaking out at the doctors honest opinion, are doing a greater disservice for Mago. When someone has been severely injured in such a manner, I find denial to be somewhat disrespectful, in the sense that people are unwilling to acknowledge the reality of boxing.

I pray that Mago will be okay, and at the same time I pray that people remember what has happened, so that they think twice about calling someone a quitter, or cry about a ref stopping a fight ''prematurely''.
                    I don't think things would ever change, since Mago has been in a coma the word "Coward" "Ducking" etc has been typed more than 50 times on here. Am still shocked that people took offense to a conversation between 2 friends.

Comment

People are in denial that they are living what's called "life".

That doctor gave an opinion based on this experience, study and knowledge. And you guys call him cold? Let me tell you this, it's hard for a doctor not to be cold. You know how many people you see die no matter what you try to do? And giving the news to their loved ones right after that they're gone. Now i'm not saying the doctor is cold, he isn't but that should give you guys some thought about his views.

I lost men, brothers in Iraq. Doctors were as honest and blunt to their situations as can be. You always want hope, but sometimes you have to see reality or esle you'll hurt worse. and Btw, organ donating saved alot of lives for us too, helped so much so that's why the doctor suggested it. It does help.

Now i hope Mago is okay and I pray he comes through this but I had to chime in on the negative BS some are giving the OP and his friend. You guys aren't in the doctors situation to even make a decent opinion on how he should talk or feel or even look at things and the OP gave us what should be a realistic look at how things COULD go. We could all be wrong but this negative BS needs to stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X