Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Toney, Gavern, Wills, Minto vs. Sprott, Legg, Olubamiwo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Toney, Gavern, Wills, Minto vs. Sprott, Legg, Olubamiwo

Former Prizefighter champion Michael Sprott is aiming to be the last man standing once again as he joins Team UK against Team USA in Joshua and The Prizefighters, live on Sky Sports on Thursday November 14 from the York Hall, Bethnal Green.

Sprott beat Matt Skelton in the final of the fourth Heavyweight edition back in October 2010 but has a score to settle with Heavyweights from across the water after he lost out to American KO king Tye Fields in the Prizefighter International Heavyweights in May 2011.

Sprott joins Hackney’s Larry Olubamiwo, Milton Keynes’ Matt Legg and Hertfordshire’s Tom Little in Team UK, who face up to former three-weight World Champion James Toney in Team USA.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fun lineup

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
      Good fun lineup
      Toney is one good head shot away from being Mago Abdusalamov. The man can barely speak as it is.

He's pitiful and should not be allowed to box,

Comment

Originally posted by Ulver View Post
        Toney is one good head shot away from being Mago Abdusalamov. The man can barely speak as it is.

Toney pitiful?! The man is a living legend and I'm going to enjoy him while he's still around. I expect him to tear up this prizefighter I can't wait lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ulver View Post

This is pretty much a gloryfied exhibition 3 round fight tournement against fellow gatekeepers/journeymen, i have no problem with him entering it if nutters like Audley Harrison and Michael Sprott can enter it whenever they please with no backlash, why can't Toney have a go ? Sprott slurs his words and has lost about 25 fights, and Harrison has been knocked out more times recently than Toney has hit the canvas in his whole career .

And to my understanding Toney has had a medical and has been approved to participate in Prizefighter by the BBBofC and sky sports so hate the game, not the player!
          Last edited by chocolate; 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

sprott is the only decent UK fighter. toney actually has a chance & that would be bad if he won. you know he'd be looking for bigger fights & he really could get hurt... hard to pick a winner. the funny thing is gavern is the most active fighter & if he gets in shape he has a good chance of winning this... this tourney I don't take too seriously but the winner usually gets a good fights after...

Comment

Working...
            X