Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come you think cotto could beat canelo when he lost to trout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
    Why do you think that?

I personally believe Cotto, even at this stage in his career is better than Canelo. Miguel Cotto hits harder, throws more, has better shot selection, a better offense and is defensively more sound.

The Trout fight may be used to measure both men but so can both their attempts at Mayweather. In all honesty, neither fight means much as both men have teh style to be competitive against EACH OTHER, that said, Cotto is not only the more experienced man in the ring, he is also the better fighter in every sense of the word. If this fight is made, which I highly doubt, Canelo will be made to look as bad as he did against Mayweather.
    We disagree. Cotto definitely surprised floyd and did better than most thought he would. Canelo looked so bad because he fought floyd the 2nd fight back with his dad. I think that skews things.

I just like Canelo. Cotto is good but I think Canelo has faced the best he will ever face, got over his nervousness, and now understands what happens during a "big fight" build up. He will not have to get to 152 nor have to do as many pre fight interviews, etc that take away from preparation.

IMO Canelo is much better than the floyd fight showed while Cotto is not as good as his last fight suggested.

Comment

GBP wont let the ginger lose a close fight. shiiiiit they screwed cherrypicker out of a unanimous decision. unless cotto dominates he will lose.

Comment

Canelo lost to trout also, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          We disagree. Cotto definitely surprised floyd and did better than most thought he would. Canelo looked so bad because he fought floyd the 2nd fight back with his dad. I think that skews things.

I just like Canelo. Cotto is good but I think Canelo has faced the best he will ever face, got over his nervousness, and now understands what happens during a "big fight" build up. He will not have to get to 152 nor have to do as many pre fight interviews, etc that take away from preparation.

IMO Canelo is much better than the floyd fight showed while Cotto is not as good as his last fight suggested.
          the ginger is a hype job. He did as bad if not worse than Robert Guerrero. Shiiiiit Ortiz did better against Cherrypicker than the ginger.... fuq it.... Hatton did better against cherrypicker than the ginger.

Comment

Originally posted by THE NAMELESS View Post

cotto need to stay 147 otherwise he would be next zab judah, the gatekeeper.
            They are two completely different fighters. You do realize that right???

Comment

Originally posted by KickAzz View Post
              the ginger is a hype job. He did as bad if not worse than Robert Guerrero. Shiiiiit Ortiz did better against Cherrypicker than the ginger.... fuq it.... Hatton did better against cherrypicker than the ginger.
              what does any of this has to do with cotto v canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel
                Triangle theories The best. Styles aren't even remotely the same and Cotto under Roach fights differently then he did under Diaz. Different mindset and gameplan. Canelo can't hang with a boxer puncher like Cotto. He's getting hurt if it happens.
                Cotton can't hang with anyone who taps his chin. Saul drops him, often.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972
                  Quote:

Originally Posted by Calm down mate

Canelo would whip Cotto's ass, Cotto always gets whipped when he steps up...Margs, Pacquiao, Mayweather.....and he recently looked dreadful against Trout who he lost 11 rounds to one. But hey, he's a nice guy, maybe the payday will be worth that ass whipping after all.

Oh yeah... Except that he came back and retired Margarito.
                  Manny did that. Cotto needed a drs assistance.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I cant believe people are so high on Canelo. He hasnt really shown me anything yet. I thought he lost to Trout and he didnt win not 1 round vs Floyd. Other than those two, Canelo hasnt even fought anyone worth mentioning. Anyone can look good fighting a bunch of shlt fighters. This fight comes down to a worldclass experienced boxer vs an up and coming young buck.

Comment

It's a simple explanation and one of the truest and most said statements in boxing: styles make fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X