No announcement yet.

I have to disagree, it sure aint Golovkin who is gonna beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
    the same thing you said with mythesse vs garcia (& i broke down to you why mythesse would have major trouble & even possibly lose to garcia. from the eye to the style clash and you REFUSED to listen to me. not only did you refuse but u attacked)

when will you understand that some people do know what their talking about & are actually obsessed with fighters styles & the way they clash.

when will u learn

everything does't ride on power...........jesus ****ing christ.
    Yea I don't think people learn or understand boxing too much, I appreciate other people's opinion but this Mayweather stuff against slower boxers got to stop, people talk about power but what's the purpose of power if you can't land it? And against Mayweather you would need to land it clean and that would not be easy. But hey we can call him a "coward" lol

Comment

Floyd should make the fight quite seriously. He would dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Yea I don't think people learn or understand boxing too much, I appreciate other people's opinion but this Mayweather stuff against slower boxers got to stop, people talk about power but what's the purpose of power if you can't land it? And against Mayweather you would need to land it clean and that would not be easy. But hey we can call him a "coward" lol
        It helps to press and use your size advantage, and not try to box with him. But you gotta have some some chin, heart and stamina, which is where the last guy was lacking. Castillo was slow. Cotto is not that fast, and nowhere near as dangerous, and he made Floyd adjust his future approach

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          and people will never figure this out.............

Comment

If he has any sense Floyd wont go near GGG, beating Canelo is one thing fighting a brutal punching top middleweight is another. If he makes the fight and does not spoil it by making GGG come in underweight then Floyd gets a proper beating and KOed inside 4-5 rounds. For me its not a case of Floyd not being good enough, its just a case of him not hitting hard enough nor being big or strong enough to keep a beast like GGG off him.

Comment

and people will never figure this out.............
              So who is your template for Floyd beating GGG? Canelo? Guerrero? Where's the pressure? Floyd didn't do great vs Castillo's or Cotto's pressure, and took a pass on Marg.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                It helps to press and use your size advantage, and not try to box with him. But you gotta have some some chin, heart and stamina, which is where the last guy was lacking. Castillo was slow. Cotto is not that fast, and nowhere near as dangerous, and he made Floyd adjust his future approach
                cotto is actually faster then canelo and a hell of a lot faster then golovkin. castillo was a volume puncher (who didn't care where the punch landed, hit elbows, arms, hips, threw with volume) golovkin is not a volume puncher nore is he fast.........if you notice golovkin will not throw a very hard punch without being sure that he's set & gonna land that punch. he's patient & doesn't look to waste anything like castillo (castillo will hit the side of your head, in the clinch, coming out the clinch, your back, elbows, legs. everything) not the same style at all..........

golovkins style is too stiff (doesn't move his head) lacks the foot speed (slower then canelo) swings too wide & against someone like mayweather he's too patient.......

not even in a million years would this style beat mayweather.......you would have to bank on the size advantage almost alone to make it interesting. otherwise its slim............
                Last edited by Godsfly; 11-06-2013, 03:58 AM.

Comment

cotto is actually faster then canelo and a hell of a lot faster then golovkin. castillo was a volume puncher (who didn't care where the punch landed, hit elbows, arms, hips, threw with volume) golovkin is not a volume puncher nore is he fast.........if you notice golovkin will not throw a very hard punch without being sure that he's set & gonna land that punch. he's patient & doesn't look to waste anything like castillo.

golovkins style is too stiff (doesn't move his head) lacks the foot speed (slower then canelo) swings too wide & at times too patient.......

not even in a million years would this style beat mayweather.......you would have to bank on the size advantage alone to make it interesting. otherwise its slim............
                  He just averaged 100 punches a round against a hard puncher that had Dirrell running all night disgracefully.

So how did Castillo manage, with MUCH less size/power, even more one dimensional, more rudimentary footwork?

Comment

FMM vs. GGG = moot point! So why even bother discussing it?
                    There is only one fighter today that has a remote chance of beating Floyd and that is Manny. That's the fight we should ALL be obsessing about. That is the fight that SHOULD be made.

Comment

I'd love to see the fight but not if GGG is drained down to 152 or some crap

Comment

Working...
                      X