No announcement yet.

I have to disagree, it sure aint Golovkin who is gonna beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Golovkin is stiff, predictable, easy to hit. He has the amatuer pedigree and good power and size. Thats it

Mayweather is too smart, and adapts to fast and would take all those advantages away not getting hit being slick, and elusive. Golovkiin is there to be hit with overhand rights, jabs, pull counters and straight rights.

Outside of a punchers chance. He has no chance.
    golovkin does a lot of things really well, good accurate jab, decent defense, good stamina but Mayweather is on another level. Too much speed, he would pot shot him all day and run around him making him look silly for the most part.

Comment

• This would be a really cool fight at 154.

I think we can discount Golovkin's jab. It's too slow to deal with Floyd's masterful skillset.

And Floyd would obviously have to run around and dodge.

That said, if you look at all the guys that have fought Floyd, only a few have pressured him. Cotto did, but Cotto wasn't nearly as strong as Golovkin, nor did he go to the body nearly as much, nor could he take the punches that Golovkin has shown he can take.

Castillo was aggressive and went to the body and almost won.

That's really the only way someone beats him. You need to get inside, take punches well, and go to the body with big shots. That should be able to win rounds and put you in place for a decision win (KO is always a possibility, but doubtful at 140-154 vs Floyd).

Golovkin is capable of doing all that.

That doesn't mean I think Golovkin is >50% to win, but he sure as hell seems to have a solid double digit chance, something few others have at 140-154.

Also, gosh, do some people around here just go around posting Floyd hate every day? I guess that's the result of a very good fighter playing the villain role for years. He's beaten better fighters than Manny or Cotto, and while it's ridiculous the Manny fight never got made, the advantage of being the top fighter is that you can say "I deserve my market value" and not have to sink down to take 50-50 against a fighter who is not worth as much in terms of PPV money.

People used to say Floyd was ducking Cotto, but as soon as the money was right, he jumped on it, beat him clearly in 8 rounds, and probably took 1-2 others if we're being fair, and then the crowd split between "Cotto was over the hill (even though by all evidence he was still prime, and far younger than Floyd)" and "Cotto almost beat him."

You don't have to like the best fighter in the game, but you should at least respect that he's the best and he's beaten the best fighters out of anyone at 140-154. Hatton's first loss, Corrales first loss, cakewalk against Marquez (who has fought close fights against some of the best fighters over the years, don't even need to count Manny knockout, he was fighting a close fight though losing against Manny prior to that and Floyd walked right over Marquez), cakewalk against Canelo (who handily beat Trout, a top 154 fighter and walked through anyone else he's fought, Lopez, etc.). Not to mention all the top 3-4 contenders in the 140-147 he's fought over the years. All these Guererro type guys "suck" after Floyd beats them (according to haters). Ironic.

The only top fighters people should be legitimately hating on as being so overrated it's not even funny are guys like Chavez Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
        Next time do the impossible; respond to the whole comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
          Mayweather 120-108.

Easy work.

Extremely easy work.
          Your sig shows why Floyd cant beat GGG thats why Im glad you posted. You see that arm shot? Floyd felt all of those body shots, arm shots, stiff jabs from Canelo. He's just a warrior and he hides the pain. But when GGG lands those shots, Floyd will drop instantly. It will be more than pain. It will be fight-stopping agony. If Floyd is feeling Canelo's shots, it will seem as if GGG had acid on his gloves when Floyd gets grazed! We have weight classes for a reason. And this is a 5 round fight at the MOST

Comment

• Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
            I don't think the size advantage would be that great for Golovkin but this would be a dangerous fight for Mayweather. I know people are saying Mayweather wouldn't be able to hold up to Golovkin's pressure and punching power but a better question would be how would Golovkin react to Mayweather's speed and defense. Once he sees how fast Mayweather is and how hard he is to hit, will he be just as determined as he was against Stevens, Rosado, and everyone else. Or would he get frustrated like the rest. Mayweather is a bad style match up for anyone including Golovkin. I have to say he has way more flaws than Mayweather IMO. One thing Mayweather is good at is nullifying his opponents best assets. You've seen it before, insert name here looks great in most or all their fights until he gets in the ring with Mayweather. That isn't a coincidence. Mayweather's skill is just at a different level. At the end of the day if Mayweather is able to stay upright, and they're 45 reasons to say he will; he should be able to beat Golovkin. Although it would be very dangerous for him every second of every round.
            It wouldnt matter. GGG only has to grazes Floyd and he wins. Canelo landed allot of arm shots, body shots, stiff jabs up top that DID hurt Floyd. Floyd felt every bit of it, but he's a true fighter so he plays possum. Floyd cant even go 4 rounds without getting grazed by GGG. GGG's power is probably doubled over Canelo's. Its a quick stoppage for GGG, and he doesnt even have to land cleanly in order to do it. We have weight classes for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
              It wouldnt matter. GGG only has to grazes Floyd and he wins. Canelo landed allot of arm shots, body shots, stiff jabs up top that DID hurt Floyd. Floyd felt every bit of it, but he's a true fighter so he plays possum. Floyd cant even go 4 rounds without getting grazed by GGG. GGG's power is probably doubled over Canelo's. Its a quick stoppage for GGG, and he doesnt even have to land cleanly in order to do it. We have weight classes for a reason.
              WTF?? wernt you a floyd nuthugger

Comment

• Wow this place really surprises me sometimes. Do people not recognize the ridiculous disparity in strength and power? Golovkin ****in hurts dudes that weigh 170+. He folds them in half. Mayweather weighs 150-155 fight night. Golovkin's jab alone would feel like a sledge hammer for a small man like floyd. Those body shots hitting mayweather's body would just be sickening to watch.

The way golovkin cuts the ring off so effortlessly is beautiful to watch. Theres no punch from floyd that would stop golovkin from moving forward. If floyd gets close GGG would rag doll him if they have a little distance GGG's jab would be on mayweather's grill. Yeah mayweather can probably run around the ring but he has to score. And the moment he stops moving golovkin would be all over him and the strength and power difference would show big time.

Golovkin is an offensive monster. People don't realize the significance of 350 amateur fights under your belt. Golovkin has seen everything!!!

Comment

This guy knows boxing!!!

Comment

Why do you think Floyd was hurt?

I agree that GGG could hurt Floyd with punches that didnt hurt him when Canelo, Collt etc landed them.

Comment

He'll have to do a lot more than graze him to hurt him. I said it would be a dangerous fight but we have seen Mayweather against dangerous fighters before. Each time he is able to negate that power with his defense. Yes if he gets hit repeatedly by Golovkin it's a done deal. But single digit grazing shots isn't going to do it. I'm not even sure 1 or 2 hard shots would do it either unless it's flush and Mayweather is caught by surprise.

Btw, I don't know where you saw Mayweather getting hurt by Canelo but I'll watch again to see if I missed something.

Comment

Working...
                      X