No announcement yet.

GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
    GGG is no setter tan Mathysse, wich isnt bar at all but he is not as great as this fanboys make him out to be. He is a very good come forward fighter with nasty power. That said, he will go as long a his power allows him, he won't do good with guys he can't push around, no wonder they are looking to fight at 154(Wich I think is crazy because he looks pretty big at 160) and not at 168.
    As a huge Matthysse fan, GGG is the more skilled educated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      As a huge Matthysse fan, GGG is the more skilled educated fighter.
      ^^^This. Matthysse has a better resume at the moment but as far as skills go its not even close.

Comment

He drops his hands when he steps back. That's definitely something he should go back and look at. But still, it was only until later on in the fight when it was clear he had no respect for Stevens' power

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Froch is the only name mentioned that will push him back.

These smaller guys fight scared and going backwards allows GGG to load up, Froch will meet him head on and push him the other way.

The smaller guys don't have the power to push him back. Sergio of two years ago would have beat him, everyone else at 160....nah.
          I do like GGG, but Froch would whoop him bad imo. Froch wouldn't have to worry pushing him back and attacking, as GGG CANNOT counter punch!

Comment

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
            GGG is no better tan Mathysse, wich isnt bad at all but he is not as great as this fanboys make him out to be. He is a very good come forward fighter with nasty power. That said, he will go as long a his power allows him, he won't do good with guys he can't push around, no wonder they are looking to fight at 154(Wich I think is crazy because he looks pretty big at 160) and not at 168.
            He doesn't though, he looks like an average middleweight. At 6ft and solidly built Murray and Rosado look kind of big at the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Froch is the only name mentioned that will push him back.

These smaller guys fight scared and going backwards allows GGG to load up, Froch will meet him head on and push him the other way.

The smaller guys don't have the power to push him back. Sergio of two years ago would have beat him, everyone else at 160....nah.
              I guarantee u ward would push him all over the ring. Ward was pushing Froch around. Ward is probably the strongest 168 lber out there honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by badnewsbrown View Post
                I do like GGG, but Froch would whoop him bad imo. Froch wouldn't have to worry pushing him back and attacking, as GGG CANNOT counter punch!
                Froch is a bad fight for him, IMO.

His focus next year should be Martinez, Quillin and Murray. That would be a solid resume at 160 and 3 good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Froch is a bad fight for him, IMO.

His focus next year should be Martinez, Quillin and Murray. That would be a solid resume at 160 and 3 good fights.
                  Definitely should focus on Martinez.

That's the fight everyone wants.

He beats everyone else at 160.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Definitely should focus on Martinez.

That's the fight everyone wants.

He beats everyone else at 160.
                    Yea I don't think I wanna see him against any more of the euro fighters. Their styles are what he's been feasting on for years. I like qillin, Martinez or move on.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      People say he's a good boxer though
                      Sure, he has the amateur pedigree which means he isn't completely devoid of boxing ability, but I think it's clear what his game is. It's a very entertaining game too, and few will be able to absorb what he can dish out.

Comment

Working...
                      X