Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG Cannot Fight Going Backwards!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wtf is this ****? an offensive juggernaut like golovkin would obviously not be comfortable going forward just like a defensive genius like rigo would if he was the one going forward. god I swear a lot of people here dont know ****.

its not rocket science people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      So stevens has this massive success going forward, exposing golovkin, yet he decides that he can only do it a few times in 5 second spurts.

Theres nothing hard about walking or pushing forward, nothing. People are pretending like its some type of skill like counter punching or fainting. All stevens had to do was attempt to make his feet walk toward golovkin instead of away.
      This is Chavez' entire game plan, yet stevens couldnt even try to do it? Please. If Golovkin couldt fight going backward, stevens would have surely pushed him back instead of stand there and take a beat down
      when you fight these c level guys you can only expect so much out of them. people are running around saying "why didn't he sustain pushing golovkin back!! why!" because he's a c level fighter & he's extremely limited.

point blank period.............

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
        the crazy thing was golovkin didn't do anything to send stevens to the ropes. stevens for the most part would literally send his self to the ropes.

****ing wow dude...seriously

i'd like to see if Dan agrees with your 'assesment' of GGG not doing anything to make Stevens back up...Stevens just felt like laying on the ropes because he was tired...yea, it wasn't the massive body shots that took the steam out of Stevens and forced him to retreat...if there were no ropes, his ass would have been at the parking lot by round 4

i almost want to sig that **** right now

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post

i'd like to see if Dan agrees with your 'assesment' of GGG not doing anything to make Stevens back up...Stevens just felt like laying on the ropes because he was tired...yea, it wasn't the massive body shots that took the steam out of Stevens and forced him to retreat...if there were no ropes, his ass would have been at the parking lot by round 4

I will agree that GGG made stevens go back against the ropes,,, those body shots plus the knockdown really made stevens tentative,,, when he actually let his hands go and was the aggressor and getting off first, stevens did pretty good, but it was only for about 2 mins of the fight,,,,
          Those body shots late took stevens soul,, hence why he didnt complain at all when they stopped it,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            So stevens has this massive success going forward, exposing golovkin, yet he decides that he can only do it a few times in 5 second spurts.

Theres nothing hard about walking or pushing forward, nothing. People are pretending like its some type of skill like counter punching or fainting. All stevens had to do was attempt to make his feet walk toward golovkin instead of away. This is Chavez' entire game plan, yet stevens couldnt even try to do it? Please. If Golovkin couldt fight going backward, stevens would have surely pushed him back instead of stand there and take a beat down
            Who said he had massive success? He had far from massive success.

He had very seldom success. But in those seldom moments Golovkin showed a weakness. It only has to be seldom for it to be shown.

Of course there's skill in backing someone up, especially someone who punches as hard as Golovkin does. I'm sure Stevens would have loved to have backed him up if he was good enough and you can bet he tried, but he's not, Golovkin was way too strong and hit way too hard and thus backed Stevens up instead.

The few times he did manage to back him up, he showed an obvious weakness. He just couldn't sustain it because he's not very good.

Comment

• But who do u trust to keep him backed up...gud luck with that. lmao

Comment

• Stevens not coming forward consistently is not because he's limited, it's because he couldn't take the force of the punches. Same for Macklin, Ishida and Rosado. He did try, but he just had to succumb. A lump like Bika could probably take it and come forward, but I don't think there's anyone at middleweight who can walk Golovkin down.

Comment

As soon as Stevens felt his power it was a wrap.

Stevens could have gone for broke and really let his hands go, probably would have landed some good punches, but he would have been knocked out much quicker in the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    I'm going by the most likely scenario..........the likely scenario is that when a guy moves up his power will take a knock & he'll find himself going the rounds more.

not to mention that golovkin won't just be moving up in weight but he'll also be moving up greatly in talent. (guys that are durable)
                    What talent? Once you take out Ward and Froch the division is really not that talented. Kessler is shot, GGG has already KO'd Bute, Stieglitz, Groves, and De Gale would all get stopped. Abraham is shot to pieces and never belonged at 168; doesn't even have power at the weight.

If Froch were Golovkin's size he would probably get KO'd easily, the size advantage makes it competitive. Andre Ward is the real deal but he's the best in the division by a country mile.

Comment

go back and look at the fight.......stevens was going to the ropes early on. & in the middle of the fight. the later part of the fight is where he started to get abused and would be forced back.........but in the middle rounds he was actually keeping it in the center of the ring and after he would force golovkin back (with a combination) he would retreat backwards to re gain his stamina. this tactic didn't work out for him because in the later part of the fight he started to get abused too much on the ropes.

again.....you can only expect so much from a c level guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X