Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else doesn't see Golovkins power moving up to 168 with him.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChampBox@PR View Post
    His Power is not the question is is suppose boxing skills. GGG's defense is crap and he doesnt know how to really box, or fight off the back foot neither. He will goo as loong a his power allows him. When somebody takes his punch his doomed.

Another thing is he sparred Cotto(They won't say anything do to confidiality agreement) and Cotto boxed his ears off for 6 rounds or so. Golovkin is no better than Lucas Mathysse, wich isn't bad at all, that's good, but he won't beat the real elites
    Wow, what a totally clueless post, with made up information with nothing to support it.

His defence is garbage? Rofl, log off. Lemme guess, you have to avoid every single shot to have a good defence?

The fact you compare GGG to Lucas lets everyone know how credible what you wrote is.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      If i`m not mistaken,Anthony Dirrell is fighting Bika in December for his WBC belt,and there`s no doubt in my mind that Anthony beats Bika easily.And Anthony Dirrell would destroy GGG.GGG only chance at a belt would be Froch- which is no guarantee cause-Froch is bigger,stronger,have a iron chin and can punch.

Comment

His Power is not the question is is suppose boxing skills. GGG's defense is crap and he doesnt know how to really box, or fight off the back foot neither. He will goo as loong a his power allows him. When somebody takes his punch his doomed.

Another thing is he sparred Cotto(They won't say anything do to confidiality agreement) and Cotto boxed his ears off for 6 rounds or so. Golovkin is no better than Lucas Mathysse, wich isn't bad at all, that's good, but he won't beat the real elites
        His defense isn't great but he usually only gets hit with one punch and then gets in proper position to evade the follow up punches altogether. But I agree with what you're saying somewhat - it's going to take a bigger fighter to beat Golovkin, one that can either take his power and return fire(Froch) or someone that will push Golovkin backward(Ward).

Did he even spar Cotto? I remember they were going to but Cotto's team ended up not sparring GGG. Did you just make that story up or hear someone else's made up story and take it as truth?

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
          golovkin gets frustrated alone when he can't hurt you with his power (he starts to look sloppy) kessler ward froch are at the elite. he's not koing ether of these guys because they know how to take shots........when you're fighting at the elite your ko percentage goes way down.

golovkin gets beaten badly against ether of these guys...in fact bika would stand a good chance to push golovkin to his limits.
          Elite or not, anybody can get KO'd. Mares is elite and still got KO'd by Gonzalez, Dawson is elite and got KO'd by Stevenson. This is boxing.

His Power is not the question is is suppose boxing skills. GGG's defense is crap and he does know how to really box, or fight off the back foot neither. He will go as long a his power allows him. When somebody takes his punch his doomed.

That's BS, they didn't spar because of scheduling conflict, you can look it up. Golovkin is better than Matthysse, it's obvious to anybody who knows boxing. Yes GGG doesn't know how to really box, that's why he's 345-5 as an amateur with a gold medal in the amateur world championships and a silver medal in the olympics.

Comment

I don't know if GGG should move up to 168. If he can fight at 154, he should try to get some fights there. Also, stay at 160 and unify. His power is definitely there. To make fighters quit, or get corners to stop the fight, means that the power is definitely there. He's giving his opponents beatings. Maybe he should move up to 168, I think he can hang. He's got a good chin, too.

Comment

He's the strongest fighter at Middleweight...

I'm not going out on a limb when I say that his power is going to move up with him (physical strength does play a part in punching power... when I say physical strength... it's not a good looking physique!)... One division above isn't that far to take away his strength advantage (it was enough for Ricky Hatton... not enough for a JCC Sr.).

That, his skills/talent, and ring generalship is what is going to have him winning the higher weight classes. Unless the fighter has an incredible will, Golovkin will dictate where the fight is fought and will win because of it. Except for Andre Ward, there are very few fighters that can stop Golovkin from doing what he wants to do when he wants to do it even at Super Middleweight...

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                say what you will but fights are won in the ring & not by potential or anything like that............

froch ward kessler all will beat up golovkin.........

golovkin gets frustrated alone when he can't hurt you with his power (he starts to look sloppy) kessler ward froch are at the elite. he's not koing ether of these guys because they know how to take shots........when you're fighting at the elite your ko percentage goes way down.

golovkin gets beaten badly against ether of these guys...in fact bika would stand a good chance to push golovkin to his limits.
                be quiet man .. stop saying kessler .. jesus that dude is not great at all .. and result of allan green hurting him allan green!! lol froch beat him up moving him back ..also being older there is no way you honestly believe kessler beats golovkin .. kessler is mechanical not the most fluid becomes a cradle when throwing at him .. no body movement actually never beat a very good fighter ever! i cant remember one win against a great or very good fighter am i the only one that sees this? also im a fan of froch .. but if he coming in like crazy man like he does trading shots head straight up thats a toss up ... bika great gatekeeper went to war with periban man smh periban looked like he was throwing arm puches the whole fight people had him loosing that one bika actually gassed out in the middle rounds also doesnt have no snap in his punches throws craziness head in the air .. saying nonsense .. ward is that dude thats all .. froch 50-50 and if adonis can make 168 again
                Last edited by jov6388; 11-03-2013, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                  The only fighter I would heavily favor at 168 would be Ward. His style isn't good for GGG. I think GGG's power would translate to 68, but no one knows for sure until he actually moves up.
                  The Dirrell brothers would destroy GGG,both of them are huge compared to GGG,they got speed(especially Andre Dirrell),got really good boxing skills,and hit like a mack truck,(especially Anthony Dirrell).

Comment

The Dirrell brothers would destroy GGG,both of them are huge compared to GGG,they got speed(especially Andre Dirrell),got really good boxing skills,and hit like a mack truck,(especially Anthony Dirrell).
                    Lol... GGG already beat Andre in the amateurs, back when 'dre wasn't as scared as he now is.

Comment

They're good but that "destroy" talk is foolish, don't forget GGG beat Andre Dirrell in the amateurs.

Comment

Working...
                      X