Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Feels Agbeko Has Good Shot To Beat Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Donaire also feels that fighting and beating Vic again will turn back time making him a star again and people will forget that fact that he was schooled by Rigo with every excuse in the book to why he lost..

Comment

i give Rigo's mobility a slight edge over Floyd nowadays. Rigo is pure skill, fantastic for anyone who appreciates boxing fundamentals.

But Floyd is more adept against the ropes. I love how he can counter off his back foot when opponents think they have him cornered. It's a trap he sets up time and time again. He slips out when it's no longer advantageous to be in close range. Masterful.

Rigo usually prevents opponents from sitting down on their punches with his movement. But Agbeko's a tough, awkward fighter. He'll throw when unexpected. This could throw off Rigo. Sorta like how Vernon Forrest got tagged by Mayorga who wasn't the best technician.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        At first Rigo was running, now he has no foot speed and is easy to catch up to
        exactly donaire is so full of it

Comment

yea, no he doesn't.

Comment

Agbeko's awkward style might pose a few issues.

Will be an interesting fight.

Comment

not a good look for the flash

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                At first Rigo was running, now he has no foot speed and is easy to catch up to
                Find me a Donaire quote where he said Rigo was running in the fight. And finish the rest of his quote. He's saying it was his body movement that bothered him the most, not his feet. Is that really the most unreasonable thing in the world? And even if he add "it's his body movement" at the end, he's clearly not saying he has no foot speed. He's saying that he's not "too" fast where it's impossible to hit him, not that he isn't fast. He prefaces that statement with Rigo being "very slick" for a reason.
                Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-02-2013, 08:26 PM.

Comment

This should be an interesting fight. Agbeko has a high work rate and put on a lot of pressure. I'm sure Rigondeaux will try to slow him down or make him think with those hard shots he used against Donaire.

I agree Rigondeaux isn't really fast on his feet. He didn't run from Donaire he simply walked away and landed hard shots as Donaire got closer. Obviously he didn't need to use any foot speed because all Donaire did was follow him around the ring like an extra from The Walking Dead.

Comment

I can't believe people are translating "Agebko has a good style to give Rigo trouble" to "I'm bitter as hell so Agbeko will destroy slow-footed overrated Rigo."

People won't be happy until Donaire comes out and says "Rigo is a perfect and flawless boxer that completely schooled me and I will give him as many rematches/paydays as Rigo wants at 122"
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-02-2013, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Agbeko is a great boxer but come on now, Rigo picks him to pieces.

Comment

Working...
                      X