No announcement yet.

Martin Murray World Title fight done deal for for Feb 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Murray World Title fight done deal for for Feb 2014

There was also an announcement that Murray will have a third World Title shot in February/March 2014. Ricky describes it as a done deal with just the dotting of the i’s and crossing of the t’s to do before it can be announced – he was hoping to get a chance to announce it today.

http://www.martinmurrayboxing.co.uk/...medium=twitter

(6:40)

Golovkin? Barker?
    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-01-2013, 02:38 AM.

I guess that's Darren Barker. I wish it was GG but it would be too soon after his fight with Stevens.

Comment

Golovkin fighting stevens this saturday, while barker/sturm in december, should be golovkin

Comment

Yea, Martinez is out....could be for the WBC interim belt or full and Sergio is made emeritus.
        WBO is a maybe
        Sturm/Barker fight too close and no guarantee on the winner since if Sturm wins, Barker has an automatic rematch.
        Golovkinis a maybe, could be why they're waiting

Comment

We still don't have the results too Froch/Groves, GGG/Stevens & Barker/Sturm, If Groves, Stevens and Sturm win you going to get rematches.. soo I guess is Kid Chocolate or Robert Stieglitz

Comment

That's strange, all the title holders just fought/will fight October-November-December. February is too soon for either of them. Martinez won't be ready until summer. Is it for an interim title or major title?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Yea, Martinez is out....could be for the WBC interim belt or full and Sergio is made emeritus.
              WBO is a maybe
              Sturm/Barker fight too close and no guarantee on the winner since if Sturm wins, Barker has an automatic rematch.
              Golovkinis a maybe, could be why they're waiting
              Yes, it has to be for either interim or vacated title, all title holders would be fresh off a fight by Feb. Unless Golovkin is that confident that he can take on Murray 3months after a fight. I mean if any one could, it's him, his opposition isn't murderous row or anything.If he dispatches of Stevens within 6 rounds without getting into a war himself, I can him fighting soon.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Yes, it has to be for either interim or vacated title, all title holders would be fresh off a fight by Feb. Unless Golovkin is that confident that he can take on Murray 3months after a fight. I mean if any one could, it's him, his opposition isn't murderous row or anything.If he dispatches of Stevens within 6 rounds without getting into a war himself, I can him fighting soon.
                IMO, that's why they're waiting to announce it

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Murray is the current WBA interim middleweight champion (How he still champion after turning down a fight with the champion I don't know)

WBC Interim title is vacated tho

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post

Murray is the current WBA interim middleweight champion (How he still champion after turning down a fight with the champion I don't know)

WBC Interim title is vacated tho
                    Edit
                    Rubio is in line for that

Comment

Working...
                    X