No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs Brandon Rios Prediction and Discussion Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacquiao is going to straight murder Rios

I haven't seen Pacquiao this determined since the prime days.
    Last edited by KEY LOW; 11-16-2013, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Why do people hate money?

Comment

• So I troll here and there, or all the time...I'm not really sure anymore, but honestly this is going to be a good fight. I think Rios has what it takes to beat today's Manny Pacquiao. Manny of a few years ago probably runs through Rios no problem, but I'm a realist and I believe knockouts aren't just cool spectacles, they take something out of fighters. Rios is game, he's hungry and Manny isn't the same.

Comment

• Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 25m
          I'm told that the goal for Pac-Rios on PPV is around 700,000 buys, I think it does around 650,000, myself #boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing 25m
            I'm told that the goal for Pac-Rios on PPV is around 700,000 buys, I think it does around 650,000, myself #boxing
            600-650 is a good estimate.

Comment

• http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...s-against-rios

Former champion Roberto Duran says Manny Pacquiao "feels that he needs to redeem himself" heading into his Nov. 23 welterweight bout with Brandon Rios on HBO Pay Per View.

Speaking during a Friday conference call touting Pacquiao-Rios, Duran expressed his belief that Pacquiao can rebound from his two recent defeats, the last being the potentially devastating loss to Juan Manuel Marquez in December.

"Yeah, Manny Pacquiao's a well-known star, but the stars are in the sky, and on Earth everybody is an equal. But he's not finished by any means," said Duran.

"Sure, he's embarrassed because of the Marquez loss, and because it happened in front of millions of people, and he feels that he needs to redeem himself. So Brandon needs to be very, very careful."

Duran had similarly lost consecutive bouts by 15-round unanimous decision to Marvin Hagler in November of 1983 and by second-round knockout to Thomas Hearns in June of 1984.

Against Hearns, Duran was floored twice in the first round -- once by a right hand, and later by a left uppercut. He was knocked out in the second by a right hand which left him, like Pacquiao, face-first on the canvas, although a dazed Duran did attempt to rise.

Comment

• looking forward to my favorite pinoy boxer rising again on the nov. 23

Comment

• Watched 24/7....Rios crazy.

Comment

• I'd say the Pacquiao-Rios fight does less than 500,000 buys...that KO loss took all the hype and excitement out of Mannys brand. Usually before every Pacquiao PPV fight, theyd put his merchandise at Champs Sports, but now its no more. Even worse, some filipinos i know from america, didnt even know pacquiao was fighting nov. 23rd, they thought he was fighting in december lmao not a good look.
                    team pac need to step up their social media game with all them damn hashtags and get trending
                    cuz their best hope is prob the ppv buys in china

Comment

• This PPV will surprise a lot of people not only in terms of entertainment but numbers as well. I expect this to do EASILY close to a million buys. People have no idea all the sectors targeted in the card... I know fellow Puerto Ricans who will order the PPV not only because of the main event but to support and watch Verdejo. Shiming will attract the asian demographic and moreso when the fight is taking place in China. And let's not even talk about the mexican and Pacquiao market. EVERYBODY wants to see the return of Pacquiao and how he looks after the fight with Marquez.

Pacquiao is the most beloved, respect and admired boxer in the sport. In my opinion, he is the greatest fighter of our generation, he is not only highly skilled and an offensive phenomenon but he is a warrior inside and outside the ring (fought everybody who Floyd had ducked at the division for years as soon as he stepped to WW). With that said, people will support the Pacman and they know that when they buy a Pacquiao PPV they will get their moneys worth.

We could be looking at FOTY right here, I believe this will be a bloody classic war for as long as it lasts and I cannot wait.

Comment

Working...
                      X