Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Zab Judah a Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think his quality of opposition has warranted that.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      Yes people seem to dismiss zabs achievements because of his lack of mental focus and his losses. Lineal at 147 countless champ at 140 2x beat his fair share of elite fighters at the time lost to his fair share of elite fighters only lost to champs except Clottey and that one African guy I think those were for vacant belts and beat plenty of good contenders. I mean **** if de la Hoya can get in why not zab.
      Really? Judah's resume in terms of accomplishment isn't even a half of what DLH accomplishment. All Judah has is being a Undisputed WW champ, being a 4 time champ in 2 divisions. The biggest names on his resume are Spinks and Lucas lol

Comment

Yes if you go by boxing standards of his resume it doesn't matter if you won or lost it just matters who you fought. IMO no he's a fringe as it gets talent wise yes he could but he melted down in fights that would have made him asire fire HOFer

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          Id say hes fought some good names thats for sure. ummmmm but he lost to everyone of them.

bitter sweet?
          But Cotto is first ballot? Not saying you believe that...but a lot here do.

Comment

I like Zab and wouldn't be upset if he didn't make it however I believe he will. I see a lot of posters in here are just saying he won't because Pac didn't fight and or Mayweather fought him.

They just like to discredit fighters Floyd has fount/pac hasn't fought. But it's typical for them to think that as they didn't start watching boxing until Zab was past his best days.

Overall Zab has a lot of flaws but in his day, he was a bad a$$. So much so you can look back at the threads and see people talking about how even Floyd wouldn't even handle Zab.

My grandfather before passing was a huge Judah fan. He passed before Zab started slipping. He probably would have been disappointed at his career at this point as is most fans of Zabs.

Comment

Following up. I think he could get in if Naz got in.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustane View Post
                I don't think his quality of opposition has warranted that.
                I know this is like 8 years ago. But I definitely think if Naz gets in. He should.

Comment

He’s done enough IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Wins over Lucas Mathysse, Cory Spinks, Demarcus Corley, Junior Witter, Vernon Paris and Micky Ward. Champion in 2 divisions including lineal at 147.
                    Zab Judah belongs in the "Hall of Very Good" because he actually had a very good career.

I think he just misses the cut for HOF.

Comment

He won the undisputed welterweight championship. He’s one of four in the three belt era to do it. He’s one of two people to do it in the last 33 years.

That’s not to mention the five defenses he made of a 140 pound title.

Of course he’s in.

Comment

Working...
                      X