No announcement yet.

Wilder vs Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    Josh has only had 2 pro fights, jesus let the kid build himself before throwing him in the ring with a guy who has had 30 pro fights

they will meet one day though,
    Yeah I know, I didn't mean in the immediate future, I'm just tired of seeing Wilder taking out easy opposition, and although Joshua is very early in his career, would be so good to see if he'd beat Wilder

Comment

Joshua is more skilled but Wilder is faster and has devastating power. I can see Wilder streching him with the first 1-2 he lands.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
        Wilder definitely needs more experience before fighting anybody with a pulse. Maybe 3 years from now if they stay undefeated this would be an epic fight.
        I say it's time to take the pacifier from Wilder mouth it's time he steps up

Comment

Originally posted by cameronpaul View Post
          has joshua been rocked at all in ametures? if his got a decent chin i can see him being world champ one day
          Seen him rocked a few times in the one tournament and I think he's been down a couple of times. Once was definitely to Dillian Whyte.

Comment

Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
            No I know, but I mean Wilder needs Fury, but when I posed that here, I got the impression from other members that Fury's team wouldn't want a Wilder fight
            They do want that fight. Wilder might even be back-up if Haye pulls out.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Seen him rocked a few times in the one tournament and I think he's been down a couple of times. Once was definitely to Dillian Whyte.
              yeah he lost to Whyte in the amateurs. Believe it was Whyte's first amateur fight actually and Joshua's third. So Joshua was pretty green at the time too, but went on to win the ABA twice after that loss.

Wouldn't look too much into it, and Whyte can crack pretty hard too. Joshua has developed a lot more since that loss, but it will be interesting to see what happens when he takes a big shot.

Big men with that kind of physique usually don't have the best chins.
              Last edited by LacedUp; 10-28-2013, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                yeah he lost to Whyte in the amateurs. Believe it was Whyte's first amateur fight actually and Joshua's third. So Joshua was pretty green at the time too, but went on to win the ABA twice after that loss.

Wouldn't look too much into it, and Whyte can crack pretty hard too. Joshua has developed a lot more since that loss, but it will be interesting to see what happens when he takes a big shot.

Big men with that kind of physique usually don't have the best chins.
                Whyte also had some kickboxing or MMA background, where Joshua didn't have any other background so in actuality Whyte had more combat experiance.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Whyte also had some kickboxing or MMA background, where Joshua didn't have any other background so in actuality Whyte had more combat experiance.
                  Probably. Regardless, I wouldn't read anything from that fight which happened when both of them were green.

Comment

I ain't satisfied unless they're coming out the amateurs with iron jaws.

I don't like how muscular he's becoming either, he needs to keep as much fluidity as possible. Definitely packs a punch though, Butlin was shook and he's a tough cookie.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      Joshua is by far more educated fighter.
                      Wilder relies only on his raw power and his shots look awful.

Give Joshua 7-8 fights he would beat Wilder with an ease.
                      yea,,,joshua has much more promise. hes more fluid and far more technically sound even this early in his career. it looks like hes had more amateur experience

Comment

Working...
                      X