Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    I think people dog him in the UK because he's a big star but still not as good as he's being hyped up to be. People love to trash the big names but for every person who puts him down there are tons of people that root for him. At the end of the day Amir is the most famous active boxer in the UK.
    That's pretty much it. Hearn was talking about the most marketable UK boxers and he said:

1. Khan
    2. Haye
    3. Froch
    4. Brook
    5. Groves/Fury

Comment

• I think it's becoming less likely khan is mayweathers next opponent. Why would he call him a con, only to give him a shot. Mayweather usually builds up his opponent as seen with Judah after he lost to baldomir or with cotto by saying he thinks cotto is unbeaten despite his record.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
        I think it's becoming less likely khan is mayweathers next opponent. Why would he call him a con, only to give him a shot. Mayweather usually builds up his opponent as seen with Judah after he lost to baldomir or with cotto by saying he thinks cotto is unbeaten despite his record.
        he's riling Khan fans and UK potential buyers. praising Khan and building him up? he already did that by saying he's a strong young champion who always gets back up.

Khan is next

Comment

• Khan is next no doubt.

It's Khan or Maidana.. I think it's too late for Maidana to join the buisness negotion party.

Unless Mayweather pulls a quick one and fights someone like Bradley or Garcia in a shock announcement lol

Comment

• I think Floyd will go after Maidana. The story/drama is already there and with the Maidana Broner fight doing very well TV ratings, it could very well be the reason Floyd will give the golden ticket to Maidana who is now a WW title holder. Is 4-0 in his last 4 with 3 by KO/TKO.

These are the types of opponents Floyd typically goes after. i.e. they're coming off big win(s), holds title(s) and always a bonus if they have a fan base. Khan has the fan base where Maidana has everything else. However he just did solid TV numbers so only time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
              I think Floyd will go after Maidana. The story/drama is already there and with the Maidana Broner fight doing very well TV ratings, it could very well be the reason Floyd will give the golden ticket to Maidana who is now a WW title holder. Is 4-0 in his last 4 with 3 by KO/TKO.

These are the types of opponents Floyd typically goes after. i.e. they're coming off big win(s), holds title(s) and always a bonus if they have a fan base. Khan has the fan base where Maidana has everything else. However he just did solid TV numbers so only time will tell.
              or GBP can go the Maidana vs. Garcia route, where each guy holds a victory over the other's countryman (Chino over AB, DG over Matts). Angel will talk mad shit about how they already beat an Argentine and they'd do it again, blah blah blah. This match-up would probably be entertaining outside the ring, might end in a KO and it provides DG with a stiff 147lb test. Then, the winner will face Floyd in September. I think it benefits the fight fans more if Floyd fights Khan, who means nothing in the WW grand scheme. It allows GBP to continue building their future stars (DG, Thurman) against dark horses like Chino, Ghost and Soto-Karass.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 12-26-2013, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                or GBP can go the Maidana vs. Garcia route, where each guy holds a victory over the other's countryman (Chino over AB, DG over Matts). Angel will talk mad shit about how they already beat an Argentine and they'd do it again, blah blah blah. This match-up would probably be entertaining outside the ring, might end in a KO and it provides DG with a stiff 147lb test. Then, the winner will face Floyd in September. I think it benefits the fight fans more if Floyd fights Khan, who means nothing in the WW grand scheme. It allows GBP to continue building their future stars (DG, Thurman) against dark horses like Chino, Ghost and Soto-Karass.
                Possibly so, its just that outside of a small fan base that Khan brings from the UK, he doesn't fit the criteria of getting a Mayweather fight. i.e. isn't a WW title holder or ever held a WW title, isn't P4P, isn't coming off a great win, hasn't looked good in years or ever.

Khan is complete garbage and ATM, Maidana IMO is the best option for Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Possibly so, its just that outside of a small fan base that Khan brings from the UK, he doesn't fit the criteria of getting a Mayweather fight. i.e. isn't a WW title holder or ever held a WW title, isn't P4P, isn't coming off a great win, hasn't looked good in years or ever.

Khan is complete garbage and ATM, Maidana IMO is the best option for Floyd.
                  If Floyd cares about looking honorable, he'll fight Maidana or he'll fight Khan on Showtime.

Comment

• Floyd = FOTY... Called this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      If Floyd cares about looking honorable, he'll fight Maidana or he'll fight Khan on Showtime.
                      He/Showtime cares about who will bring in the money which is why Khan is even a plausible fight due to his fan base in the UK. I think Maidana just became plausible because he did very well TV numbers with Broner and there is a story that will sell in the build up.

Certain "fans" today, no matter who he fights, Champions or some no name fighter, will cry either way. At least until he loses which is why people want him to fight Middle Weights, Super Middle Weights and Light Heavyweights.

Comment

Working...
                      X