Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Almost nobody knows or cares who Khan is over here. The PPV will not sell here for ****, just so you know.
    Khan has done 1m+ TV ratings on numerous occasions in the US. I would venture that casual boxing fans know well who he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Khan has done 1m+ TV ratings on numerous occasions in the US. I would venture that casual boxing fans know well who he is.
      When that happened, he was facing decent opponents on HBO and not on PPV. If you don't believe me, just find me and write me back after the PPV tanks. It won't do 800k buys. That don't cut it for what Floyd is getting paid.

Oh, and stop playing up how Khan somehow deserves a shot at Floyd because on no level whatsoever does he deserve this shot. He's just a way for Floyd to get an easy win toward his 50-0 goal.

Comment

• its not going to happen. Floyd haters are hoping it does so they can hate. Until Floyd says who his next opponent is no one should believe any of the speculation because its usual wrong.

hes not fighting Con

Comment

• Originally posted by Pacquiao'd View Post
          its not going to happen. Floyd haters are hoping it does so they can hate. Until Floyd says who his next opponent is no one should believe any of the speculation because its usual wrong.

hes not fighting Con
          I can't stand Floyd but still appreciate his craft and want him to fight credible opposition.

Comment

• Show time might strongly suggest a Khan match. Floyd's fighting fees and the lost to the Guerrero fight are going to incline to go for the most profitable fight, not the most competitive.

Maidana is in the mix now. Marcos is easy to hype right now but after what Alexander did to him I don't give him much a chance against Floyd, maybe a puncher's chance.

Comment

• I hope you're right.............................

Comment

• Why are people still discussing the "loss" Showtime took on the Guerrero fight? Where is the proof? And why would it even matter after the next bout (Canelo) was the highest grossing in history?

Comment

• After Khan proved him self and beat the best out there ,Carlos Molina and Julio Diaz....Hes put himself up to being the best in the world. He deserves a shot at......

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    That's your opinion. "Well known" is irrelevant, numbers and projected numbers for PPV is more relevant, matchmakers are hell bent on putting the fight on. Again apart from Pacman no fighter brings the money to the table that Showtime and Mayweather wants. Moreover Khan is more loved over there than here in the UK.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Amir is a mainstream star in the UK. He's a lot more popular and got way more fans in the UK.

Comment

• Floyd will win, but he ain't ko'ing anybody w/o a weak chin. He wins on points.

Comment

Working...
                      X