Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    'when he falls he gets back up' -

Not, sadly, within 10 seconds though.
    Amir Khan has always got up within the count. The last Prescott KD was borderline but he was up at 10. He's never been knocked out cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Judah fought Khan like 5 years after Mayweather so what relevance does that have? And what relevance does it have in general? Judah's not really a good boxer.

Garcia had no problems in the first 4 rounds of the Judah fight either.

Completely meaningless point.

Khans never been outboxed, he's also not really fought an overly good boxer. The best being guys who are levels below Mayweather.
      Judah is a good boxer, he took the championship rounds off Garcia and was outboxing Floyd until he switched off/faded as he usually does. Malignaggi is a good boxer too, as is Kotelnik. None of them could really live with Khan's speed.

Freddie Roach said recently that if Khan can avoid "the big punch" (i.e. getting hurt) v Floyd, he can see him doing well. I think along similar lines about this one.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 12-09-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
        What a great night of boxing, but the one thing that annoyed the crap out of me was how Showtime was parading Khan like some priced stallion or something.
        It was very clear they were selling a product, one that is made of glass.
        Not once did they bring up his KO loss to Garcia and his piss poor WW debut.
        The crazy thing is he hasn't even fought at the full WW limit yet. The fight with Julio Diaz was at a catch weight. Khan shouldn't even be highly ranked at 147.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'll never understand why they didn't just go ahead with Khan-Alexander.

The winner of that fight would have been fine.
        Agreed. I know he felt so smart watching Devon get beat up. Khan/Alexander made so much sense. The winner would've been a solid candidate for the May fight. Khan had a legit shot too. Backing out of the fight should've eliminated him. I think he knew Floyd's options were slim so he didn't have to risk losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          He's clearly just being **** in that interview. This is the Floyd I don't like. Waste of a fight
          Yeah he is being a ****. He sees big bucks in an Amir Khan fight. He knows everything about Khan. One thing about a fight like this is that it's a stylistic dream to many fans. They want to see how Floyd deals with a taller, fast fighter. Unfortunately this fighter has no chin and that he doesn't deserve a fight with Floyd. If Floyd takes this fight, I won't be buying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post

Agreed. I know he felt so smart watching Devon get beat up. Khan/Alexander made so much sense. The winner would've been a solid candidate for the May fight. Khan had a legit shot too. Backing out of the fight should've eliminated him. I think he knew Floyd's options were slim so he didn't have to risk losing.
            It's funny how similar Khan's duck of Alexander is to Bradley's duck of Khan. Right down to the fighter that got ducked losing afterwards.

If Khan gets a robbery win over Mayweather, it will be an uncanny similarity.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's funny how similar Khan's duck of Alexander is to Bradley's duck of Khan. Right down to the fighter that got ducked losing afterwards.

If Khan gets a robbery win over Mayweather, it will be an uncanny similarity.
              Bradley ducked Khan for Casamayor and said "What if I lose to khan" etc etc. Way worse.

Comment

• I'm quite impressed to see that there are some Floyd fanatics here that are actually willing and able to criticize Floyd for this pathetic fight. Kudos to you guys for keeping it real.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanRise View Post
                  Khan certainly does not deserve a fight with Mayweather but money talks in business and with Floyd. Khan can and will bring in a lot more money than anyone not called Manny Pacquiao.

His sales in Europe (****** fans) and most of the Arab and Indian Sub will bring in a lot. If this actually happens then I would love to see what Khan can do in the first few rounds.
                  Name a fighter (other than Pacquiao, let's not get into that) who "deserves" a fight with Floyd. The most "deserving" guy is Garcia, but he has already said he doesn't want the fight next.

There is no one Floyd owes a fight. If he picks someone, it's not because the guy "deserves" it, because no one does (not even Garcia imo).

Comment

• Pretty much confirming what has been fed down the rumour pipe...

If FMJ is following the £$£$£ - this fight should be in Wembley.

Comment

• 'J'leon love is a champion, he's just not a champion yet...y'know he got got back up again after the ...um.... accident with the dietary supplement..'

No Floyd, he ain't a boxing champion - he's rubbish. Oh and that wasn't a dietary supplement and I somehow doubt he took it by 'accident'.

(Massive respect to J'Leon for taking on his 8 nieces and nephews nonetheless)

Comment

Working...
                      X