Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible Matchup: Amir Khan vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. Prediction & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Khan certainly does not deserve a fight with Mayweather but money talks in business and with Floyd. Khan can and will bring in a lot more money than anyone not called Manny Pacquiao.

His sales in Europe (Muslim fans) and most of the Arab and Indian Sub will bring in a lot. If this actually happens then I would love to see what Khan can do in the first few rounds.

Comment

• ]Khan is being overly downplayed by many of you because he got TKO'd by Garcia and struggled against Diaz

which is fair if you want to look at it from a ignorant point of view

Diaz basically beat Porter in the first fight, and was on a roll, he went into the Khan fight confident facing a unconfident opponent and applied a lot of pressure on him

Khan would have made easy work of Diaz prior to the Garcia fight, but boxing is 50% mental, if ur mentally weak den you can have all the skills in the world and u will still struggle.

I don't know what Khans mentality will be going into this fight, if he comes weak minded and unconfident then he will lose very easily, however if he comes confident like he was pre Garcia fight, he will bring the fight to Floyd.

The pressure will not be on Khan in this fight, its all on Floyd, he's in a great situation because so many already doubt him.

I think Khan can knick a SD or even a UD if it goes to 12.

Floyd is getting old, he doesn't take risks like Garcia, he is not a pressure fighter, this will be a boxing match rather than some guy struggling to land a punch. Show me one fight where Khan has landed little to anything?

All the crap about who deserves the fight and who doesn't, who gives a ****, its time Floyd fought someone who isn't a midget and who doesn't have a low punch output. Last time Floyd was forced to fight was against Hatton and Del Hoya. Floyd hasn't been forced to fight in a long time, he's had an easy ride because of the guys he faces have little speed and don't throw enough punches
        Last edited by FrankieBruno; 12-09-2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Well **** u too Floyd. Won't get a buy from me tho

Comment

• Khan just gets no credit on this site for whatever reason. It's all about his bad performances and weaknesses and never about the good wins he's had and his strengths.

Whenever a Khan v fighter X fight is talked about, 3 out 4 posts are just one liners saying

"Fighter X by brutal KO" or "Khan gets destroyed" or "first jab kos ?Khan "

Yet he's only been stopped twice in 30+ fights.

Lara, Thurman and now Porter are all more deserving, yet Khan has more good wins than those 3 put together.

The only realistic fighter ahead if ?Khan is Garcia and he's doesn't want it yet. You can say Bradley but he's lost his last 3 fights IMO.

Comment

• I like Floyd's "up to my promoter" statement in the first few seconds.

This was Mayweather Jr. at his ****tarded best. At least we'll get some of the stupidest quotes in boxing history when these two are talking up the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Barrera and Pacquiao. Granted Barrera was not prime but that was also a shutout iirc. Khan also sparred with a prime Pacquiao and held his own on a pure boxing level based on the footage. Sparring is sparring, but still he wasn't getting dominated by any means.

If Khan can take an opponent's power, he's so fast it's difficult to see him being outboxed. I'm not saying Floyd can't or won't do it mind, just inviting his knockers to take a look at the bigger picture.
                He hasn fought Pacquaio and neither him or shot Barrera are closing to his level in terms of boxing ability.

The best boxer he's fought is Kotelnik, Malignaggi or Garcia and none are close to Mayweathers level in that regard.

Comment

• I hate to tell you but Khan doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Floyd. Just goes to show you what good promoting can get you. Khan is a major step back for Floyd. Khan offers nothing to Floyd, not a single solitary thing other then to fill an obligation date with Showtime. Floyd has taken on some very serious competition lately and I don't disagree with him taking on a cream puff, however anyone else believing that it is anything else is off their rocker.

Comment

• What a joke floyd, disgrace to boxing.

Shame because his talents only come once in a generation, imagine if he fought the best, dont care if he would actually lose, would be amazing to wacth for boxing fans

Comment

• 'when he falls he gets back up' -

Not, sadly, within 10 seconds though.

Comment

Working...
                      X