Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many consecutive HW Roy Joneses will it take to get through Lennox's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LMAO!

ATG thread! Up there with the 'Tyson wanted to fight a gorilla' thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      What can't you understand that extra weight adds punch resistance, especially muscle around the head, neck and shoulder area. Briggs was an absolute muscle monster when Vitali fought him at 262 lbs. That's the only reason he lasted long enough to get a skull fracture. Lennox didn't fracture his head and put him in a hospital for a week when he weighed 228 lbs.

You sound like a troll here bro. Roy got stunned once by John Ruiz. What do you think Vitali would do to him?

Vitali would literally knock him out even while he was blocking.

I'm done here.
      See just by reading this post I realized that you are a Vitali fan which make your opinions regarding this thread skewed because you refuse to admit to any of Vitali Klitschko's numerous weaknesses.

1- Roy (The HW Version) wasn't just some ******ed bum like Kirk Johnson.. Roy kills Johnson 10 out of 10 times and will embarrass him more than Vitali did. The Roy that fought Ruiz showed great footwork, great speed, good lateral movement, good combinations and good stamina.

2- You are assuming that Vitali who quit against Chris Byrd..will just knock out Roy within 1 round every single time. I strongly disagree. Roy could be caught by a vicious aggressive KO Artist like Tua who will literally just attempt to bull doze Roy.. Vitali will fight at a much slower pace and Roy could possibly take him into deep waters.

Now am I saying that there will be no revivals needed against Vitali? No of course not.. I'm simply saying that it won't take as many Roys as you think to get past Vitali.

Also Vitali is literally the last barrier prior to unlocking Prime Lennox Lewis.(The next stage of the game so to speak). So for you to even assume Roy can get there means Roy have over came the likes of Holyfield,Tua,Ruddock,Bruno,Tucker,Golota,Mercer.. . etc... Vitali isn't THAT much better than Tucker,Tua,Mercer etc and he is arguably on par with Holyfield (the 98-99 Version).

I can bet my life that it will take no more than 9 Roys (worst case scenario) to get past the Vitali who lost to Lewis in 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesfan View Post
        Gary Mason Roy #2
        Mike Weaver
        Glenn McCrory
        Tyrell Biggs Roy #3 Roy #4
        Levi Billiups
        Derek Williams
        Mike Dixon
        Razer Ruddock Roy #5 Roy #6 Roy #7
        Tony Tucker Roy #8 Roy #9 Roy #10
        Frank Bruno Roy #11 Roy #12 Roy #13 Roy #14
        Phil Jackson
        Oliver Mccall #15 #16
        Lionel Butler
        Tommy Morrison #17 #18
        Ray Mercer #19-#25
        Oliver Mccall #26
        Henry Akinwande #27-#30
        Andrew Golota #31 #32
        Shannon Briggs
        Zeljko Mavrovic
        Evander Holyfield
        Evander Holyfield
        Michael Grant
        Frans Botha
        David Tua
        Hasim Rahman
        Hasim Rahman
        Mike Tyson
        Vitali Klitschko

I'm now at Golota. It will take 32 Roys to get past the Golota point of Lewis's resume. I am fairly confident in my predication taking into factors all things like size,boxing skills,power,mental strength,wear and tear.

Henry Akinwande is a tricky opponent for Roy. The guy's 6'7 and a legit super heavyweight talent. He freaked out against Lewis because well that's Lewis.. I highly doubt he will get into a clinch fest against the much smaller Roy. That being said the 4th Roy that will fight Akinwande (within the span of 1 month) will probably beat him.

As for Golota, I feel that the 1st Roy to fight Golota will get brutally knocked out.. but the next Roy will probably encounter a mentally unstable version of Golota and win via DQ.

I like to add to this post .. because I realized I forgot to explain why it took so many Roys to get past Mercer.

I think that Mercer's bulldog like tenacity (the version that Lewis fought) will be a very very tough challenge for Roy from a styles point of view. Mercer's chin,power,aggressive nature, and overall pressure will get to Roy numerous times... for at least the first 3-4 Roys.. The 5th Roy will probably do much better due to the fact it will be Mercer's 5th such fight in 5 weeks time.. and Mercer will begin to take punishment as a result. I think the 6th or 7th Roy will get a narrow SD over Mercer and advance.

To me Ray Mercer will be Roy's biggest challenge up to the Golota point of Lennox's career.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          ATG thread..
          Agreed. This is why the interet was created.

Comment

No... I disagree. Maybe recoup after the 1st week (1st Roy) but you fighting EVERY SINGLE WEEK against a talent like Roy Jones? It will eventually catch up.

Let's just use Tua as a example:

1st Roy to fight Tua (40th Roy overall or whatever) gets knocked out within a few rounds.. but Tua will probably still take some hits and those few rounds still do count..... 2nd Roy to fight Tua.. does slightly better. last a bit longer, hit Tua a bit more.. 3rd Roy 4th Roy 5th Roy.. by than Tua is fighting for the 5TH TIME against a FRESH ROY JONES for the 5th week in a row..... the wear and tear WILL SHOW. It's absurd to say that he can 'recoup' 5 times in a row.
            This is where this hypothetical is going to run into problems of if the fighter will age or not. Because for a vitali klitchsko in his prime, Roy is just a sparring partner, take the next couple days off get a few days of training in and then "spar" again. Sparring every week with no wear and tare is very plausible. This would be some kind of crazy purgatory for roy, yes doing what he loves, but for eternity, over and over again, and losing.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingenius002 View Post
              This is where this hypothetical is going to run into problems of if the fighter will age or not. Because for a vitali klitchsko in his prime, Roy is just a sparring partner, take the next couple days off get a few days of training in and then "spar" again. Sparring every week with no wear and tare is very plausible. This would be some kind of crazy purgatory for roy, yes doing what he loves, but for eternity, over and over again, and losing.
              No... actually you receive a lot of punishment during sparring. That's why James Toney is ******ed now.... because he took punishment during the sparring sessions not during the fights.

Also can we stop talking about Vitali.. VK is the last gatekeeper Boss so to speak to Lewis's resume... can we start with the FIRST GATE KEEPER Boss
              How many Roys do you think it will take to get past Gary Mason?

Comment

I'm seriously ****ing dying right now reading through all of these. Not even sure why it makes me laugh so hard but god damn.

Comment

No... I disagree. Maybe recoup after the 1st week (1st Roy) but you fighting EVERY SINGLE WEEK against a talent like Roy Jones? It will eventually catch up.

Let's just use Tua as a example:

1st Roy to fight Tua (40th Roy overall or whatever) gets knocked out within a few rounds.. but Tua will probably still take some hits and those few rounds still do count..... 2nd Roy to fight Tua.. does slightly better. last a bit longer, hit Tua a bit more.. 3rd Roy 4th Roy 5th Roy.. by than Tua is fighting for the 5TH TIME against a FRESH ROY JONES for the 5th week in a row..... the wear and tear WILL SHOW. It's absurd to say that he can 'recoup' 5 times in a row.
                  No... actually you receive a lot of punishment during sparring. That's why James Toney is ******ed now.... because he took punishment during the sparring sessions not during the fights.

Also can we stop talking about Vitali.. VK is the last gatekeeper Boss so to speak to Lewis's resume... can we start with the FIRST GATE KEEPER Boss
                  How many Roys do you think it will take to get past Gary Mason?
                  Yes Tony might be ******ed, but that also might just be his genes. Also just because your ******ed does not mean you can't fight. I use Vitali because I don't think roy would be able to do much damage to him. Though it's irrelevant which of the # of people he won't get past that he is stuck on. I don't know if you have sparred every week or not, but I have and I could have done it indefinitely except for my concern of the Tony affect. Regardless though not being able to do math would not diminish my ability as a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingenius002 View Post
                    Yes Tony might be ******ed, but that also might just be his genes. Also just because your ******ed does not mean you can't fight. I use Vitali because I don't think roy would be able to do much damage to him. Though it's irrelevant which of the # of people he won't get past that he is stuck on. I don't know if you have sparred every week or not, but I have and I could have done it indefinitely except for my concern of the Tony affect. Regardless though not being able to do math would not diminish my ability as a boxer.
                    But you are indicating fighting a HW Roy Jones will be like sparring to Vitali.. that's a pretty damn BOLD statement considering Vitali quit against the poor man's Roy Jones in Chris Byrd.......while tearing out his shoulders.

Like I said.. I haven't finish calculating how many Roys it will take to get this job done.. but Vitali is not some kind of God who Roy could not have beaten if given enough tries.. That's absurd.

You have got to understand Roy is one of the greatest athletes to ever box... the fact of the matter is... John Ruiz has been downgraded to devalue what Roy have achieved... Prime John Ruiz will be a top 10 Heavyweight today and that's the bottom line.

That being said........ Vitali is only a very small piece of the Lennox puzzle which Roy have to solve, far more intriguing to me will be Roy vs 2002 version of Tyson that Lennox fought...

Comment

Ok I'm finally done.

Gary Mason Roy #2
                      Mike Weaver
                      Glenn McCrory
                      Tyrell Biggs Roy #3 Roy #4
                      Levi Billiups
                      Derek Williams
                      Mike Dixon
                      Razer Ruddock Roy #5 Roy #6 Roy #7
                      Tony Tucker Roy #8 Roy #9 Roy #10
                      Frank Bruno Roy #11 Roy #12 Roy #13 Roy #14
                      Phil Jackson
                      Oliver Mccall #15 #16
                      Lionel Butler
                      Tommy Morrison #17 #18
                      Ray Mercer #19-#25
                      Oliver Mccall #26
                      Henry Akinwande #27-#30
                      Andrew Golota #31 #32
                      Shannon Briggs #33 #34 #35 #36
                      Zeljko Mavrovic #37 #38
                      Evander Holyfield #39 #40
                      Evander Holyfield #41 #42
                      Michael Grant
                      Frans Botha
                      David Tua #42-#53
                      Hasim Rahman #54 #55 #56
                      Hasim Rahman #57 #58 #59
                      Mike Tyson #60 #61
                      Vitali Klitschko #62-#70

It will take a total of 70 HW Versions of Roy Jones Jr to complete Lennox Lewis's resume.

Some interesting facts I found out:

Evander Holyfield despite being the best fighter out of the bunch is actually one of the easier barriers to overcome for Roy. David Tua, despite not having even half the skills of Holyfield will be the toughest barrier for Roy to overcome and it will take numerous Roys to eventually wear down Tua.

Tyson as shot as he was.. will probably take down 2 Roys in the 1st several rounds due to aggression... and of course Prime Vitali will be Roy's 2nd toughest challenge behind Tua.

I will re run the data if need be but I feel like I'm pretty accurate.

Comment

Working...
                      X