Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Confirms "A Better Fight" Than Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he's fighting Andre Berto, and when he says better fight he means MONEY, because Berto is still a bigger name than Devon.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      The "boring technical" fighters that the fans criticize all of the time fixes these problems. Instead of looking for one fighter with one advantage over Floyd (usually power, speed, or size), how about a well rounded, fundamentally sound fighter that has proved himself at the world class level?
      Yeah sure, Manny Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez and Gennady Golovkin fit the bill to a tee.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        Yeah sure, Manny Pacquiao, Sergio Martinez and Gennady Golovkin fit the bill to a tee.
        Pacquiao and Sergio are no brainers.

But I like how you threw GGG in there. I guess wins over Matthew Macklin, Curtis Stevens and Proska should get the attention of the #1 pound for pound fighter in the world who is 2 weight divisions below.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
          Manny and Segio-yes. GGG? WTF? weebler man come on with this BS.

Comment

The "boring technical" fighters that the fans criticize all of the time fixes these problems. Instead of looking for one fighter with one advantage over Floyd (usually power, speed, or size), how about a well rounded, fundamentally sound fighter that has proved himself at the world class level?
            I tend to agree. You need more than just power. But this is NSB and moat of the posters grew up in the Tyson era or after so its all many of them know.

They don't get that a Danny Gacia or Bradley-guys who would make floyd think, are far better challengers than some puncher that has the ring IQ of a g****fruit-one that can't cut off the ring. One that once floyd nuetralizes the power they are pretty much done.

Comment

Pacquiao and Sergio are no brainers.
              Glad we agree.

But I like how you threw GGG in there.
              I only threw two 'Gs' in, it was you who came with the third. :-)

Comment

• Khan vs Matthysse? Forget it!

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
                Thinking the same thing ... Also think he can win. Sounds crazy I know but Mathysse freezes when his opponents are throwing punches in combination if khan can keep busy and with combos and move away at the right angle he might be able to pull it off... Mathysse isn't necessarily great at cutting off the ring either... Khan might be able to keep it in the center of the ring. Big if's but still possible and I would give him a ton of respect for taking that fight.
                Khan should NOT fight Matthysse unless he had a steel chin implanted! Even though Garcia whipped him soundly, Matthysse did land some hard punches. Danny took them well, Amir would not! Khan has some pretty good skills with combos and some movement, but he almost always gets a little wreckless and gets hit. We all know what happens to him if he gets hit with a good shot Matthysee has the highest KO percentage in boxing among active fighters. Khan may have the weakest chin in boxing! Khan Fighting Matthysse would go beyond courage, it would be suicide!

Comment

• Mayweather Won't Fight @ Middleweight

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  most of mayweathers recent fights are stinkers because they are not fights, they are sparring sessions. its not mayweathers fault but the guys out there cant give him a competitive fight so it becomes the same old glorified sparring sessions on PPV!

the only way you are going to get a competitive mayweather fight is if either pacquiao gets back to his old self, or mayweather looks for bigger trees to chop. maybe if he fights the middleweights the extra weight he is up against might even it out a bit if you know what i mean.
                  Mayweather said he was actually less than 150 lbs on fight night against Alvarez. He won't fight middleweights, because that's simply not his weight class. Seems like some fans want to see Floyd get beaten or at least have a tough fight. Hey it's not his fault that he's better than all comers!
                  Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 10-16-2013, 12:35 PM. Reason: added "lbs"

Comment

And whom might that be, pray tell? Floyd has "old school" skill and ring savvy that is unmatched. His opponents can only land 20% of their punches on him. When and if he meets his match, it will be time to retire. However, he seems smart enough to retire undefeated.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Very true. But at least fight someone who's usually entertaining in the ring. Maybe two negatives makes a plus, and Mayweather-Alexander would be a great fight.

I just don't think the public would by it, and they hype would be less than what it was against Guerrero. And that was pretty little hype.
                      Mayweather-Alexander might be the most boring fight in the sport, rivaling the **** that was Molina-Smith and Wlad-Povetkin. Alexander has zero to offer Mayweather, and would grunt and eat right hands for 12 looooooooong rounds. Only possibility for excitement would be if Mayweather was so bored of beating up on a far inferior fighter that he decided to push the pace and try to end it within the distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X