Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

READ, in this day of lesser athletes refusing pics and autographs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read that Ali story before. Good stuff.
    LOL @ the Tyson one.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
      Sweet Pea and Holyfield have the worst reps from what Ive seen and heard...in regards to fans, they are not even on the same planet as MUHAMMAD ALI. I remember Ali's wife saying how it could get to be too much sometimes..Ali woild literally miss planes because he hadnt finished signing autographs in an airport and when asked why he would do that he said "These people may never get another chance to meet me"...and you want "fan friendly"???? How about this? A few years ago when Ali lived in Berrien Springs many people are quoted as saying they literally just walked up to his front door and he invited them in. One guy said he knocked on the door and Ali sat on the couch with him and watched some old fight films!
      I disagree about Holyfield.

I met him in Houston Texas back in 2009 at the Airport, he is supposedly a HUGE wrestling fan and had attended WrestleMania 25, along with countless other celebrities, "in which I was in Texas for that event"

I lived in Atlanta during the time and he happened to also be going back to the same flight to Atlanta. At first I didn't recognize him, I looked at him for at-lest 2-3 minutes before I figured out who he was. And I told my sister "HEY thats Holyfield!!!!"

So my sister invited him over to our seats, it was a pretty empty airport, not too much traffic. And he says sure, he sits down, and he starts to talk about the flight to Atlanta, and of course we talked about the wrestling event.
      He gave his thoughts on how the event turned out.

I asked him questions about Mayweather, Pacquiao, and of course his own career, he sat down and we talked about 20 mins until it was time to board the flight, my sister then said MY BROTHER WANTS A autograph with you, he said he would NOT sign autographs as he does not like to, but did accept a picture.

And BOOM, lines of people eventually figured out who he was and came up getting autographs, and he did tell them he's not interested is signing them, but I think he felt pressured so he gave in.

Overall he was a great guy.

Comment

He wouldnt sign his name on a piece of paper for you after having a great convo with you...and hes a great guy? I mean, you feel you had a good experience with him and thats cool and all but I can tell you several interactions with him by at least four friends of mine and each one pointed to the exact opposite of "great guy"...

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          maybe,, but if I was making millions id at least be somehwat nice and gracious regardless of what kind of state I was in. without us they dont make that money
          Regardless of what state you were in? Have you ever been on drugs or knew any addicts or alcoholics? Then you would know that they are not the same person we know them as. I think Pernell is still on drugs these days, as there have been no updates on him and in the last interviews he's done, he's looked high. You can't imagine how you'd be if you've never been in that situation.

Comment

One thing that we should realize is that EVERYONE will not have the same experience with meeting the same fighter, it literally depends on the day and situation. While people say Holyfield and Hearns were ignorant or whatever to some fans, other fans may disagree and consider them one of the nicest. We shouldn't draw any conclusion from one experience.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
              One thing that we should realize is that EVERYONE will not have the same experience with meeting the same fighter, it literally depends on the day and situation. While people say Holyfield and Hearns were ignorant or whatever to some fans, other fans may disagree and consider them one of the nicest. We shouldn't draw any conclusion from one experience.
              Good post...but with all due respect, I have heard almost nothing but negative with those two...personal interaction, friends, people who know Pea personally, etc...lets face it, some guys just are NOT cool people.

Comment

Thanks for posting!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
                  Thomas Hearns has pretty bad character. Someone once posted a story here about how he acted, can't find it though.

Anyone know?
                  Tommy Hearns has been going to lot of the bigger fights in Vegas lately and he was always showing love to the fans taking pics and signing.

Comment

Muhammad Ali is the Greatest........he represented so much more than Boxing......... no other boxer has come close since and it will be a very long time before someone do.

Comment

I met Lennox Lewis when I was visiting my friend in London. I went up to him and told him he was my favorite Black Fighter ever.

He laughed at that and asked me who was my favorite White fighter and I told him Frank Bruno(Lewis used to call him a British Uncle Tom) ... he laughed even more and gave me an autograph.

Lewis is a great dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X