Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diggin this fight big time. Ive seen tapias last couple of fights and kirkland is kirkland this is gonna be a war while it last. Very nice card.

Comment

Maybe too big of a step-up in class for Tapia with no one even close to Kirkland's level for Tapia to gauge what he could do against Kirkland. But without Anne Wolfe, not good for Kirkland. Hopefully he will bring her in as the trainer or who knows how he will do against anyone at this point.

Comment

so that's it, kirkland's done

Comment

Who is Kirklands trainer?

Comment

Tapia gets knocked out. Silly matchmaking. This is too much, too soon.

Comment

i'm not too confident in either one to say who'll win this one, but hopefully it happens. kirkland can always pull the upset with his power, especially against an untested fighter like tapia. imo it looks to be a fun fight on paper. make it happen, bob!

Comment

What happened to kirkland? I hope he beats Tapia.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
                  A win for James could get him back in the conversation at 154.

A win by Glen means pretty much nothing considering that James has been off for what seems like forever and has no trainer that I know of.

I guess its a name.

what? it's a big step up for tapia.

when you've done nothing, a win over james kirkland is the biggest of your career. it doesn't matter how bad his career has become IF you've done nothing. tapia has done nothing. he was manny pacquaio's sparring partner, and little else.

that's how guys get moved, man. you don't jump into a fight with a top guy right away.

sh#T fight for HBO, but they're in a bad spot now that they're no longer working consistently with goldenboy or haymon.

Comment

Some of these comments are ridiculous, a fighter with good power and decent hand speed is a problem for Kirkland, it doesn't take more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
                      What happened to kirkland? I hope he beats Tapia.

he's basically an idiot.

for starters, he's had two stretches in prison during his career. he was incarcerated early on, and then again recently for a year or so. his comeback had the ishida knockout. beyond embarrassing.

then he's gotten into beef with promotors, trainers, and managers. lawsuits have been brought from both sides, i believe.

he's had an awful career, and his chin is sh#t to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X