Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glen Tapia-James Kirkland in Talks For 12/7 on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if this fight falls through because James Kirkland decides that he desserves to get paid a gazzillion dollars for it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vision... View Post
      A win for James could get him back in the conversation at 154.

A win by Glen means pretty much nothing considering that James has been off for what seems like forever and has no trainer that I know of.

I guess its a name.
      That's true.

Comment

I haven't seen much of Tapia excluding his last 2 fights, but what I've seen he doesn't have the technique or footwork to keep Kirkland off him for 12 rounds..

Whats the opinion on Tapia, is he actually a contender?

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          I haven't seen much of Tapia excluding his last 2 fights, but what I've seen he doesn't have the technique or footwork to keep Kirkland off him for 12 rounds..

Whats the opinion on Tapia, is he actually a contender?
          I think Tapia is still a prospect, and getting Kirkland's name on his resume would be a step in the right direction. I'll pick Tapia to win.

Comment

I thought Kirkland retired.

Comment

Kirkland is done without anne. He's so technically deficicient that without that ridiculously intensive training camp that Anne offers he will get picked apart by anyone.

I also have serious doubt he can go from being inactive back to training at that level, I just don't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho.Villa View Post
                Battle of the mediocre.
                How the hell can you call Tapia a mediocre when the dude is only a prospect? Come on now.....!

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                  Kirkland is done without anne. He's so technically deficicient that without that ridiculously intensive training camp that Anne offers he will get picked apart by anyone.

I also have serious doubt he can go from being inactive back to training at that level, I just don't see it.
                  I saw Kirkland recently, hes trimmed down quite a bit. Hes been back training for the last few months.

Comment

Does anyone know who is going to coach Kirkland?

Comment

I think Kirkland is still a crazy threat for the inexperienced Tapia. Might be a bad mistake to throw him in this earlier in his career. Top Rank got ballz for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X