No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Bradley/Marquez/PEDs, Quillin, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Insider Notebook: Bradley/Marquez/PEDs, Quillin, More

By Robert Morales - Remember Freddie Roach's line prior to Manny Pacquiao's fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez? It was something like, "If Marquez's physique is natural, I'll kiss his ass."

Then Marquez knocked Pacquiao cold on his face in the sixth round of that Dec. 8 fight at MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and the talk continued. Marquez was more muscle-bound than ever. He had, in his camp, admitted steroid distributor Angel Heredia/Hernandez, which did not help Marquez's cause. Which all begs the question: How will Marquez be remembered by fans once his fine career is over?

Although it should, it doesn't seem to matter that Marquez has never had a dirty test for performance-enhancing drugs. Neither has Pacquiao, and there have been plenty of unsubstantiated rumors about him in this regard because of his run through eight weight classes. [Click Here To Read More]

Precisely on who did the Nevada commission perform "Olympic style tests" so far?
    Is there any record of some sort?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      Precisely on who did the Nevada commission perform "Olympic style tests" so far?
      Is there any record of some sort?

They performed them on both Bradley and Marquez. It was also mentioned on 24/7.

Comment

It's time that the Commission stops F'ing around and starts regulating and mandatory testing! This cavalier attitude has gone on long enough and is now doing permanent damage to the sport and destroying what might be legitimate legacies. Bottom line....It's a disgrace and something needs to be done IMMEDIATELY to expose the cheaters and exonerate the innocent!
        Last edited by LAPete; 10-10-2013, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Or at least on the main event, mega stars (where money is no problem) the up and comming fighters are screwed they only get like 5K-10K can't pay for their own test, and of course promoters don't want to lose/pay any money doing those tests.

Comment

The same commission that allows CJ Ross to judge major fights is doing the drug testing? Sounds like an irrefutable process.

Comment

Did you interview JMM and Quillin at the same location? Maybe they were meeting to discuss the best ways to avoid drug tests or something?

Comment

I believe that when Juan Manuel Marquez retires he should be remembered based on his accomplishments, not based on accusations that where made about him. I think it's fair to give a person that has always been a clean fighter the benefit of a doubt, unless something is legitimately proven wrong. With that said, I belive that Marquez simply went up in weight the right way when he tried it for the 2nd time which is difficult to do but which also enabled him to keep his muscle definition and athleticism. Had he moved up in weight division by simply cutting less weight or doing what he did the first time he attempted to move up, then I think it would have been a different story because he would simply have been heavier and wouldn't have been the same fighter anymore which is what a lot of people expected. I also understand that it looks suspicious to have a strength and conditioning coach who is an admitted former steroid user, but I also understand that it's not impossible to physically accomplish what Marquez has done without using anything illegal and at age 40. So if they are telling us that testing is being done and guidelines are being followed and both sides agreed on terms even if they where changed or not, then what more can we ask for. Regarding the Kid Chocolate part and what he said about wanting to fight the best, I really hope he keeps telling his promoter and manager that, because the real exciting fights are the ones where both boxers are on the same level and where nobody is really sure who will win the fight. That's not to say that Rosado is not exciting, because I actually do see Gabe Rosado as a very exciting fighter, I don't think theres any question about that, and theres also no question that he will make a fight with Kid Chocolate entertaining. But what's not exciting is knowing that he is being put up against Kid Chocolate for that same reason, which is that he's expected to be exciting, but not have much chance of winning.

Comment

For me, all sports have gone to crap. None more so than boxing. From bad decisions to drug use and horribly overpriced fights, promotion company's controlling the belts...its pretty obvious that Marquez is juicing. At 39 years old he hires a known steriod cheat and comes out with an incredible physique...Pacquiao too. This sport is corrupt, burn

Comment

Originally posted by slick23 View Post
                    The same commission that allows CJ Ross to judge major fights is doing the drug testing? Sounds like an irrefutable process.
                    Marquez has never failed a commission drug test. Just like Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X