No announcement yet.

Vitali vs wlad, if they werent bros , who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Vitali was hurt in the Chisora fight. A healthy version of him would have stopped the del boy.
    look, I am (and always have been) a big Vitali fan. H2H, I have him as an all-time top 10, if not top 5 HW.

but the truth is, he looked old in the charr fight. sure he still won easily, but go watch the fight again right now - you'll see his footwork is very VERY poor, he moved like an old man.

Comment

Vitali will defeat Wlad, no doubt. True warrior. ****ing rock of a man. His fights vs Lennox and Sanders are awesome. And humiliation of Sam Peter in 2008. **** I hope he'll become next Ukraine's President.

Comment

Vitali vs Lennox

Vitali vs Corrie

Last edited by iNorton; 10-08-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
          I'm not sure what fight you saw but he hit Char whenever he wanted to and ended the fight early, which was not competitive.

Not only that, Charr is a gamer and his potential has yet to be determined.

In a way, he's lucky he lost by a cut before Vitali took his soul.
          but 5 yrs ago he would have wiped charr out within 2 rounds

Comment

Vitali vs Sam

Comment

Originally posted by Dolor View Post
              look, I am (and always have been) a big Vitali fan. H2H, I have him as an all-time top 10, if not top 5 HW.

but the truth is, he looked old in the charr fight. sure he still won easily, but go watch the fight again right now - you'll see his footwork is very VERY poor, he moved like an old man.
              Okay, I've still got it recorded at the house. I will watch it and give an updated opinion. But......I will say this now.

If memory served me right, he handled Charr easily and got hit with very little. Vitali usually adjusts his workrate and foot movement based on who is in front of him. That's what makes him so good.

I'm not worried about his current ability at all even though I know all good things come to an end eventually no matter what.

I think Vitali will retire for a 2nd time without being beaten again.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
                but 5 yrs ago he would have wiped charr out within 2 rounds
                So he took 4 to do it and dropped him in the 2nd. No big deal.

P.S. Vitali usually broke his opponents down and stopped them late.

Comment

Update

Yea, I went back and watched the Vitali-Charr fight again and it was a master class performance from Vitali. He fought with his hands down almost the whole time and connected with every punch in the book until he stopped his man. Nothing in the least indicated that he had lost a step at all. In fact, with the healthy left arm going, he looked phenomenal.

Charr fought basically the same way Povetkin did against Vitali, and Vitali handled it with maybe 4 clinches the whole fight. Vitali rolls like a real champ. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                  X