Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — That’s (Not) Entertainment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't find Rigo Donaire boring either.

Now Wlad Povetkin was one of the most boring, dirty corrupt fights ever. Corrupt because this ref is still getting high profile fights and he's garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      Am I reading this right? You believe there are only three elite fighters in the world? I wonder where does that leave Marquez? After all he lost to one of your elites and knocked out one of the other ones. But you are free to your own opinion, I just believe it to be a pretty narrow view of elite.
      Marquez is PFP #3 . It's not necessarily my view of 'elite' but it's what I take the term to mean as it's used on this forum.

As far as comparing Fury to Froch that is just as laughable as it is ridiculous. For what ever short comings Froch may have he has consistently showed that he has world class stamina along with a world class chin against world class, and in my opinion, elite fighters. And for the most part he has also been beating those opponents and sometimes he was even making it look easy.

While Fury has shown quite the opposite while struggling with much smaller and less than elite opponents. I bet if you took a poll a large majority of the forum would agree with me. That other than the fact that they both fight and happen to be British there is absolutely no comparison what so ever of Froch's career with that of Tyson Fury. That would be none, zilch, zero.
      I wasn't comparing their careers, I was comparing the misguided criticism of their perceived level of skill.

Comparison of their careers is fairly pointless at this stage, Fury is 25 on the climb while Froch is 36 nearing the end of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        Marquez is PFP #3 . It's not necessarily my view of 'elite' but it's what I take the term to mean as it's used on this forum.

I wasn't comparing their careers, I was comparing the misguided criticism of their perceived level of skill.

Comparison of their careers is fairly pointless at this stage, Fury is 25 on the climb while Froch is 36 nearing the end of his career.
        You cannot compare anything about the two. Simply because one has proved himself and one has struggled against inferior competition. Until Fury does something such as beating Haye,he, in my opinion, still deserves the criticism he so rightly deserves. But than again I assume that you don't even believe Froch to be an elite fighter. So you must believe that the two of them are closer together when they are actually on two completely different levels. But once again you are free to have you own opinion.
        And I guess since the Pacman has been knocked out of top five P4P he is no longer, in your opinion, elite?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          I get your point, but Floyd Guerrero was not boring. He was fighting a southpaw, and even though he won the Guerrero fight...you have to remember, Judah and Corley gave Floyd fits from the southpaw style. Floyd was a lil more cautious in the Guerrero fight. He had to be. You have to always be cautious of southpaw fighters period.
          It was a good fight for the first 8 rounds. Then after that, he started running the entire rounds, and not doing anything. The second half of that fight was terrible. He said he did that because he hurt his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
            You cannot compare anything about the two. Simply because one has proved himself and one has struggled against inferior competition. Until Fury does something such as beating Haye,he, in my opinion, still deserves the criticism he so rightly deserves. But than again I assume that you don't even believe Froch to be an elite fighter. So you must believe that the two of them are closer together when they are actually on two completely different levels. But once again you are free to have you own opinion.
            And I guess since the Pacman has been knocked out of top five P4P he is no longer, in your opinion, elite?
            No, I simply said their level of skill is similarly underrated. Froch has skills, as does Fury yet neither are given much credit for them.

We'll see next month what Pacquiao has left.

Comment

Working...
            X