No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford: The Crowd Can’t Tell Me How to Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deejd View Post
    How can you say Mayweather finishes these caliber of fighters yet deuce on Crawford for last night? He's had three fights on HBO against a solid contender in a weight class higher which people raved about his performance, then he follows that up by stopping a guy in his normal weight class.

Last night, he fought a guy that wanted to survive and was doing what he could to prevent conflict. And you're telling me that Sweet Pea and Mayweather, Mayweather of all people.....

Mayweather -- supreme KO artist... finisher of all fights.

Can anybody have enough courage to say that Klimov didn't want to fight? That would be refreshing and truthful.
    Lol. You say 3 HBO fights.

I've seen numerous fights of this guy on ****ty Top Rank Streams. I was posting about this guy being the next big thing and was completely ignored.

He has power to finish people off and he can be the aggressor. This was his chance in front of a big crowd and he got booed out of the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

I've seen numerous fights of this guy on ****ty Top Rank Streams. I was posting about this guy being the next big thing and was completely ignored.

He has power to finish people off and he can be the aggressor. This was his chance in front of a big crowd and he got booed out of the arena.
      It's easier said then done. His opponent wasn't a stationary punching bag. He had awkward movement, stepping on his foot, and decent head movement and blocking.

When Crawfrod did over committ he was usually met with a stiff counter.

Comment

Don't be surprised or upset when you don't have any fan support. The guys we care about finish people who fight like Klimov.

Comment

i understand what he was saying but the russian guy had no power and wasnt even throwing back at him. it was a showcase fight but he did no such thing. hes no rigo

Comment

HBO sure seems to be backing some incredibly boring fighters. What is the point anyway with Crawford? Max said himself there is nobody else exciting to watch in that division. Why invest in a boring fighter with no one meaningful to fight on the horizon?

Comment

He's right. Do ya thing homie. Fight your fight and win. I as a fan don't and won't watch your fights. I knew his **** fight was gonna be a stinker. Kid is good and all but I'm just gonna not watch his fights.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                Last night, he fought a guy that wanted to survive and was doing what he could to prevent conflict.
                I said this in another thread. He wanted to survive? He wasn't even trying to do that. He wasn't holding, clinching, keeping a tight high guard, bending below the waist, running, or doing anything else that fighters typically do while in survivor mode. He was just standing there. There was absolutely nothing stopping Crawford from looking amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

A lot of people don't watch ****ty Top Rank streams. More people watch HBO, correct?

I was in that arena. It wasn't just him being booed. There were plenty profane things shouted at the other.... you know.... they one solely focused on surviving.

You can say Crawford blew it, but if that's what you think, I'd say you're grossly mistaken.

Comment

as if it weren't enough punishment to have the Klinchko replay first, they followed it up with another stinker...

dont change your style, Crawford...hopefully HBO treats you like Rigondaeux and puts you on the shelf

Comment

Crawford will beat Ricky burns if burns doesn't duck him and stay grasping that paper title, then HBO and top rank can feed Crawford to Mikey Garcia in a little super fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X