Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I Can Guide Miguel Cotto to Beat Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My money is on Sergio. Hits too hard and has that sudden kind of speed. Also great movement if his body holds up. Sure would be a fun fight to watch.

Comment

Freddie will guide Cotto to retire. Because that is exactly what will happen when Sergio beats Cotto the *** up. Not a good choice!

Comment

Unless cotto feels like he has more left than 1 or 2 fights going down to 147 or fighting guys like trout or Lara would be ****** options

Comment

Freddy is good for a battered Cotto

Cotto needs Roach as both are damaged goods. Cotto just beat a nobody nothing more. Tony the greatest mexican ever ended Cotto's career with the plaster glove beat down.

Comment

The cotto that beat rodriquez would beat the serg that fought murray..

I think serg is at the end of the road and father time has caught up with him,, serg is like a roy jones type fighter that relies on reflexes and speed,, once that slips, its hard to compete at the elite level, unlike guys like hopkins and floyd that rely on fundamentals and brains, guys like that can fight alot longer after their speed and reflexes have diminished...

I think right now at a Cw of 156-158, cotto would give serg hell,,, Cotto has been in with fast hands like manny, zab, shane, floyd, so i dont think serg's speed will be that much of a problem, the biggest problem for him would be serg is a southpaw and would take away cotto's left hook,,,
            Cotto would need to really work on his straight right

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
              Cotto needs Roach as both are damaged goods. Cotto just beat a nobody nothing more. Tony the greatest mexican ever ended Cotto's career with the plaster glove beat down.
              greatest mexican cheater that all most got his eye put out from damaged good cotto and the midget pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                The cotto that beat rodriquez would beat the serg that fought murray..

I think serg is at the end of the road and father time has caught up with him,, serg is like a roy jones type fighter that relies on reflexes and speed,, once that slips, its hard to compete at the elite level, unlike guys like hopkins and floyd that rely on fundamentals and brains, guys like that can fight alot longer after their speed and reflexes have diminished...

I think right now at a Cw of 156-158, cotto would give serg hell,,, Cotto has been in with fast hands like manny, zab, shane, floyd, so i dont think serg's speed will be that much of a problem, the biggest problem for him would be serg is a southpaw and would take away cotto's left hook,,,
                Cotto would need to really work on his straight right
                With Sergio's hand's down approach to fighting, Cotto will be landing that hard jab all night long to close the distance. When Sergio has his guard up, he's alot less fluid, so I think there would be plenty of openings to the body.

Cotto just has to fight smart and apply smart pressure, because Maravilla's overhand left is just plain ol' nasty and can end the fight any time

Comment

Cotto looked impressive against a solid opponent.

Martinez vs Cotto makes the most sense. if Cotto wants a title at middleweight Martinez is his best option. Martinez isn't a very big middleweight. Martinez seems to be fading, the guy will be 40 when he fights next, it's really Cotto's best shot.

Martinez is known in the spanish speaking world and that fight would be HUGE. Martinez doesn't like Cotto, so you can expect to sell the fight with all of his crazy smack talk.

no other middleweight champ even comes close to what Martinez offers.

I hope they make Martinez vs Cotto, I don't care if it's at a catchweight. I just want to see it.

Comment

i think cotto needs that fight. it makes him a first ballot hall of famer.

Comment

Bring on Cotto vs Martinez!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X