No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer To Arum: Canelo Under Contract, Cotto is Free

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I hope Cotta walks and signs to fight Alvarez next with Bob making **** from it!
    You would. I heard that shortly after you were born, and were finished being bottle fed, Arum took away your lollipop, and you've hated him ever since. Sixteen years is a long time.

I don't know if you want to shoot him or prefer to bite. But you are all "bark"... So much so that at any time I'm expecting you to raise your leg and scratch for fleas. Or maybe do the other thing......

Comment

Bob Arum is not good for boxing.
      Just retire already.

Comment

What the hell is Bob thinking... the Cinnabomber is Golden Boys goose egg, aint no way in hell he leaves GBP..

Comment

a bit too subdued for a schaefer quote, i'm a little disappointed. the guy usually goes ape sht and calls everybody a bunch of names. must be that time of year where he's too preoccupied with tryna sign someone already under contract to gb.

Comment

Originally posted by HBOFanboy View Post
            Didn't make him a free agent just they owe his old promoter money.
            There might be more to it. The top of the full document about the punative damages says "TO ADD CLAIM FOR PUNITIVE DAMAGES," which could mean there's more to the lawsuit than just money. Add means in addition to something else. So this specific document might only be related to the punitive damages and there could other stuff related to Canelo's contract out there that we don't know about yet.

EDIT:Found this from a few months ago. The lawsuit was more than just a battle for money. They also wanted Canelo back to their promotional company.

The legal action filed in January 2011 and has in his hands the lawyer Alex Brito, seeks to revert to Zabala jr. not only the money he lost from potentially when the boxer was taken over by an entity directed by Oscar de la Hoya, but the very Alvarez returns with the entrepreneur based in the city of Miami.

"Everything is going well, moving, and continue gathering evidence, taking depositions and looking at every detail to have a stronger case,'' said Brito. "We believe we have right on our side, the evidence and that we will be victorious.'' Zabala Jr., meanwhile, not only wants monetary restitution, but the fulfillment of the original agreement.

"I want to get paid and stay with the boxer, what I want is for him to return with me, which cleared the deal we signed both and it worked at the time,'' said Zabala Jr., who was born in Puerto Rico of parents Cubans. "Oscar De La Hoya and his people think they can trample the little ones in this business. We have rights and documents indicating that El Canelo had a contract to honor.''
            http://www.elnuevoherald.com/2013/04...#storylink=cpy

If they won the puninative damages, it doesn't seem unlikely that they would also win the promotionals right as well.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
              Bob Arum is not good for boxing.
              Just retire already.
              Why do you say this??

Comment

Arum is such a ****. He's funny though. Rich beasting for Cotto now cuz he doesn't wanna put Canelo with Lara or the rest of jr mw in GB.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  You would. I heard that shortly after you were born, and were finished being bottle fed, Arum took away your lollipop, and you've hated him ever since. Sixteen years is a long time.

I don't know if you want to shoot him or prefer to bite. But you are all "bark"... So much so that at any time I'm expecting you to raise your leg and scratch for fleas. Or maybe do the other thing......
                  fail...................

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    I heard that shortly after you were born, and were finished being bottle fed, Arum took away your lollipop, and you've hated him ever since. Sixteen years is a long time.
                    I heard that shortly after you were born, and were finished being bottle fed, Arum put his lollipop in your mouth, and you've loved it ever since. Seventy years is a long time!

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      Wouldnt that be crazy if cotto fight delvin with arum then jumps to gbp fir a mega fight
                      Not really, I don't see anything crazy about it. It makes sense if that is what Cotto has to do to make a mega fight with Alvarez.

Just look at Mosley, JMM and Bradley who had to leave who they had been with to get a Pac fight. Cotto left Bob to get Mayweather. Mayweather left Bob to get De La Hoya, Hatton etc... Bob makes or breaks fights and a lot of casuals are starting to notice that ESPECIALLY with the whole Pac and Mayweather situation.

You don't hear anyone saying Floyd is ducking Bradley.. It's not because Floyd would win or lose, but because they know Bob wouldn't make such a fight to begin with. You leave Bob to make the fights happen. Hoya left him, Mayweather left him and Cotto left him and I can see him doing it again if he needs to. I hope he does as Cotto vs Alvarez is a great match up.

Comment

Working...
                      X