No announcement yet.

Cleverly: 'I Want A Rematch with Kovalev!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh lawd, David Price 2.0

Step up GRADUALLY. Get some good boxing rounds in before trying to box the monster again.

Comment

Didn't he speak of retirement immediately after getting stopped? Hell let him have another go, when he losses he can retire having at least tried. I'm not gonna bash the guy. he's no coward.

Comment

I like watching fighters redeem themselves and i like watching KOs. Its a win win situation for me no matter what.

How long you guys been watching boxing? You never seen a fighter get destroyed and then win the rematch? It happens. Youre all hyping up Kovalev the same way you did Matthysse. Ive always thought Cleverly was a bum but you lot go on like Kovalev is indestructable.

Comment

For a guy with a masters degree, he lacks serious common sense here.

An immediate rematch is a knee jerk, ill thought out tactical approach to recovering his long term career.

There's a high chance it'd ruin his career, rather than being reasonable and getting a win or two then rematching.

He's also deluded to think "everything was going to plan" up until the KO. Living in a dreamland there. If he's watched the replay, he needs to take those blinkers off for any hope at removing the mistakes that will lead to his downfall again.

Comment

well at least he's still got fighting spirit but you sense the same thing will happen with cleverly as it did with david price -- immediate rematches and defeated again..

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Oh lawd, David Price 2.0

Step up GRADUALLY. Get some good boxing rounds in before trying to box the monster again.
              Agreed, and don't bother with the monster again for a couple of years.

To a certain extent Thompson did catch Price with a lucky punch the first time, but this situation is different. Kovalev landed about 200 lucky punches lol.

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Didn't he speak of retirement immediately after getting stopped? Hell let him have another go, when he losses he can retire having at least tried. I'm not gonna bash the guy. he's no coward.
              He's 26, he doesn't need to do this. He's a good fighter, he can become world champion again but an immediate rematch with Kovalev could ruin his physical health and one of his major strengths, his durability.

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
              I like watching fighters redeem themselves and i like watching KOs. Its a win win situation for me no matter what.

How long you guys been watching boxing? You never seen a fighter get destroyed and then win the rematch? It happens. Youre all hyping up Kovalev the same way you did Matthysse. Ive always thought Cleverly was a bum but you lot go on like Kovalev is indestructable.
              He's indestructible for Nathan Cleverly.

Comment

Sounds like posturing/denial saying something knowing there is literally no way it will happen still trying to convince it wasn't as one-sided as everybody say it

Comment

I wonder what masterful gameplan Vince Cleverly would come up with this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                    For a guy with a masters degree, he lacks serious common sense here.

An immediate rematch is a knee jerk, ill thought out tactical approach to recovering his long term career.

There's a high chance it'd ruin his career, rather than being reasonable and getting a win or two then rematching.

He's also deluded to think "everything was going to plan" up until the KO. Living in a dreamland there. If he's watched the replay, he needs to take those blinkers off for any hope at removing the mistakes that will lead to his downfall again.
                    Just a bog standard Bachelors degree a 2-2 I think, though Pure Maths is one of the few degrees that ain't been 'dumbed down' too badly.

Yeah Clev, I'm sure everything was going to plan right up until you stepped into the ring and had the snot beaten outta you for 3 rnds.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      This is where his friends should have a word with him, different people deal with fuck ups in different ways, unfortunately one of those ways of dealing with a fuck up is to rush right back into the same fuck up.

His no. 1 priority should be regaining his sense of self/pride outside of the setback.
                      100% this. The fighter in him wants to make amends, which is natural. He needs good advice right now. Take the time to build himself back up, steadily increasing the quality of opposition along the way.

Comment

Working...
                      X