People who think GGG is just a talentless brawler

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68a6W7oWHrM

Somebody who's been in the ring with him.

Macklin knows.

He's been in the ring with both GGG and Sergio recently and when asked who the better fighter is out of the two, he chooses GGG without hesitation.
    he said this after the GGG fight I believe.

The people that doubt GGG, pretty much do it just so they can have a "I told you so moment". GGG is the GOODS

Comment

Martinez is older and GG is younger. Martinez has been in wars with superb fighters, GG has not. Until GG fights someone with a pulse, we won't know how good he is regardless of his what his former amateur pedigree was.

Comment

We doubt him because he is a world champion who has not been tested yet. We can't be sold on a guy who has not been punched in the mouth/body over and over and over and won a war of attrition. You can't dominate everyone. As untouchable as Floyd has been recently...Floyd Mayweather has been in wars before.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Martinez is older and GG is younger. Martinez has been in wars with superb fighters, GG has not. Until GG fights someone with a pulse, we won't know how good he is regardless of his what his former amateur pedigree was.
          GGG would beat the current Martinez. I'm 100% positive.

Comment

Stevens has got into Golovkin's head.

GG: "I'm hungry...he has a big mouth...[I want to beat him] not just for me but for everybody, for the fans, for my parents and for the sport"

Comment

Here at NSB, if you're not a pure boxer ala Floyd, Ward, Rigo or a counterpuncher like Marquez.. You're a brawler lol. I don't think a lot of people understand the technicalities of boxing.

Comment

The people that worship Golovkin is just as guilty of thinking he's only a brawler. I for one don't think he's talentless or a brawler but he is untested and have some flaws. Macklin was not a test. Macklin folded before he could test Golovkin. His amateur record is great but has little to do with the kind of professional he'll be. Stevens probably won't test him either but if he lands a lucky shot he definitely has the KO power to put all this debate about Golovkin to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                  The people that worship Golovkin is just as guilty of thinking he's only a brawler. I for one don't think he's talentless or a brawler but he is untested and have some flaws. Macklin was not a test. Macklin folded before he could test Golovkin. His amateur record is great but has little to do with the kind of professional he'll be. Stevens probably won't test him either but if he lands a lucky shot he definitely has the KO power to put all this debate about Golovkin to rest.
                  He folded because he literally got his ribs broken. He couldn't test Gennady because he was never in the position to; all credit to GGG for that. Either way, I still see Golovkin having a great career. I haven't been one to jump on any bandwagons, but I see GGG having something special. If I'm wrong, so be it. I think we'll eventually see something special tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Who thinks this? LOL

Blind people?
                    Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    Many on here. I keep seeing people say things like 'he's beaten no one, he'll be found out as soon as he faces somebody of note like Matthhyse was' etc.
                    for the hype hes been getting he really hasnt fought anyone. martinez destroyed two p4p fighters back to back to win the MW title, proving beyond doubt he is the best MW in the world. slipping or not someone has to beat him to take that crown, yet plenty of ppl are crowning ggg the king of the MWs. you can say martinez doesnt want to fight him all you want but the right to fight the champ is something that has to be earned and golovkin did no such thing.

rosado and ishida are fringe contenders/journeymen at 154 lbs. ouma is a washed up 154lber who really belongs at 147 imo. stevens is a real MW but not a real good one, decent fighter with a great punch sums him up. the only real opponent on his record is macklin, a true MW and among the 6-8 best fighters in the division. but theres a big difference between the top 10 and the very best.

personally i believe ggg is the truth, no doubt about it. but he hasnt proved it, far from it. i never heard anyone call him a talentless brawler or anything of the kind, not once. plenty of ppl are questioning his resume but they should, it doesnt mean he isnt one hell of a fighter just that hes yet to prove it.

Comment

Working...
                    X