Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "GGG vs Stevens/Vera" mismatch and waste of time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "GGG vs Stevens/Vera" mismatch and waste of time?

I mean I heard that GGG will probably fight Vera after Stevens... I think it's kinda waste of time for GGG. He must fight Quillin, Martinez or at least Barker.

Last edited by oscar9992; 10-02-2013, 12:18 PM.

lol @ OP

but 3gs knocks out everybody within 3 rounds, so i guess every fights a mismatch. hard to believe gabby rosado gave him his toughest comp.

need to see rosado/love rematch

Comment

HBO seems to be fine with GGG knocking out a string of average fighters before he fights sergio. I get that. Don't risk him looking bad (mora) or losing (ward) before he gets a shot at the lineal MW title. Thats a sound business decision.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
        I mean I heard that GGG will probably fight Vera after Stevens... I think it's kinda waste of time for GGG. He must fight Quillin, Martinez or at least Barker.
        Martinez = injured
        Quillin = GBP/Showtime
        Barker = mandatory v Sturm

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        HBO seems to be fine with GGG knocking out a string of average fighters before he fights sergio. I get that. Don't risk him looking bad (mora) or losing (ward) before he gets a shot at the lineal MW title. Thats a sound business decision.
        Let's not pretend Ward wanted to fight Golovkin any time soon, he's made it clear it's Rodriguez then Chavez. He doesn't want to talk about Golovkin.

HBO might not want Mora but Golovkin could fight him in Monaco on Berman's card.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 10-02-2013, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Thats ridiculous, Golovkin is just fighting the best possible fighters available while all the top guys are running around avoiding him. If they could, they would have Sergio fight golovkin next but sergio needs a tune up fight once a year

Also Ward has made it clear he wants Rodriguez and then Chavez

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Thats ridiculous, Golovkin is just fighting the best possible fighters available while all the top guys are running around avoiding him. If they could, they would have Sergio fight golovkin next but sergio needs a tune up fight once a year

Haha so true. Martinez would never fight GGG especially at this stage of their careers. GGG ends Sergio's chances of a fight with Canelo/Cotto/Mayweather. We know he aint gonna fight Ward so he might as well fight tune ups til he retires.

Comment

i think golovkin should face sergio mora. it may not be exciting, but we need to see him handle a fighter like that. the experience would surely benefit him as a boxer

Comment

Stevens is not a waste of time because he's a big puncher wit .a bit of hype. He could be a good test for GGG if he lands clean.

Vera would be an absolute waste of time though but that fight isn't going to happen anyway.

Comment

GGG vs. Sergio is the only fight that matters right now.

Sergio rightly deserves a tune up because of the injuries and the layoff. So I don't expect him to fight anybody relevant the April Argentina fight.

Geale/Barker/Sturm/Murray/Macklin will all swap, share and trade Barker's title and avoid GGG so who cares? Quillin is in la la land so that's not happening.

So until next fall, GGG just needs to stay busy and make title defenses until the Sergio fight goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    Martinez = injured
                    Let's not pretend Ward wanted to fight Golovkin any time soon, he's made it clear it's Rodriguez then Chavez. He doesn't want to talk about Golovkin.

HBO might not want Mora but Golovkin could fight him in Monaco on Berman's card.
                    weebler please man you saw Lampley downplay ward v GGG. HBO knows once either ward or GGG loses thats one less superstar on the roster. niether is a huge draw. HBO out and out refused Mora because of his awkward style which might have ended the KO streak they have been touting so much.

why would the lineal 168 lb champ and the guy universally regarded as the 2nd best fighter in the world mention GGG, a MW champ who isn't even the best MW in the world or a top p4p fighter yet? I mean seriously.

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

Yeah, right. sounds like the same stuff you said about Matts. danny was supposedly afraid and ducking blah blah blah. Those same fighters aren't fihting quillin but you dont say the same thing.

Mora begged for the fight and HBO rejected it IMO because they didn't want to risk GGG looking bad and his KO streak ending. He surely IMO would beat Mora.

Comment

Working...
                    X