Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "GGG vs Stevens/Vera" mismatch and waste of time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
    I mean I heard that GGG will probably fight Vera after Stevens... I think it's kinda waste of time for GGG. He must fight Quillin, Martinez or at least Barker.
    It may be - but GGG has to stay busy and has to clean out the division. His rep will rise as he beat fighters. And, to get a rep in the US it will help to beat American fighters in America.

Yeah. In 2014 he needs to fight at least 2 of the following (Martinez, Quillin, Barker, Sturm) and hopefully other top 10s such as Rubio (or take out top 10s in the 168 division such as Bika).

Comment

The Floyd v Manny tickle fight spills over into GGG

LAME

Comment

waste of time? in what way? They want to build him up into a recognized name he ain't gonna do that sitting around waiting for martinez. In Stevens they got a recognized name coming of an blow out win and somebody with a style that should make make GGG look good. Thus make him that bit bigger that bit more known... lather rinse repeat till martinez is willing to fight or retire and hand over the belts

Comment

A mismatch, but not a waste of time. The best thing 3G can do is stay active.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Thats ridiculous, Golovkin is just fighting the best possible fighters available while all the top guys are running around avoiding him. If they could, they would have Sergio fight golovkin next but sergio needs a tune up fight once a year

Also Ward has made it clear he wants Rodriguez and then Chavez

Agreed. Funny how people saying that nobody ducking GGG. Boxer that has something to lose will never fight him. That's simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post

Yeah, right. sounds like the same stuff you said about Matts. danny was supposedly afraid and ducking blah blah blah. Those same fighters aren't fihting quillin but you dont say the same thing.
              Because quillin is choosing not to fight them himself! He's one of the duckers
              Mora begged for the fight and HBO rejected it IMO because they didn't want to risk GGG looking bad and his KO streak ending. He surely IMO would beat Mora.
              Mora has probably the worst style in boxing. Whats the difference between him and Stevens except that he is boring as hell? You want that fight yet think Golovkin would beat him so u just want him to "look bad"

Comment

Barker and Sturm have each other for the foreseeable future, Martinez has his comeback fight, Quillin's on Showtime. Not sure what options there are after Stevens. Geale, maybe, doubt that will happen though.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Mora has probably the worst style in boxing. Whats the difference between him and Stevens except that he is boring as hell? You want that fight yet think Golovkin would beat him so u just want him to "look bad"
                  i told you business reasons why HBO rejected the mora fight for GGG. I find those reasons to make sense. you seem to agree. The stevens fight is a good fight., but please stop with the guys are dodging ggg BS.

you are simply replacing matts with ggg.

Comment

I don't consider Stevens a test or a step up for GGG, I think it is simply a match up to appeal to the casual fans

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      i told you business reasons why HBO rejected the mora fight for GGG. I find those reasons to make sense. you seem to agree. The stevens fight is a good fight., but please stop with the guys are dodging ggg BS.

you are simply replacing matts with ggg.
                      It's not anything like Matthysse. Matthysse got fights. He didn't have to spend 2 years offering fights to guys and hearing "No," every time.

Golovkin has literally heard, "No," from everyone that matters at middleweight. He was just told no by Barker, Geale, and Murray. Sturm has told him no. Go down the list, everyone has told him, "No."

I hope it changes after Stevens. Barker and Sturm are already not options and neither is Martinez. Hopefully Geale or Murray can happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X