Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good looking good, no ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      Roach has repeatedly said he is trying to get Cotto back to his old ways and work the body. Really hope this happens as this was when he was beast mode.
      The only reason he used todo that back In the day cause he could. He was big at 140. He got away with it. Towards end of 147 he stopped cause the people he faced had legit power to counter and stop him. So he fell out the habit. At 154 he can't do it much either unless the other fighter hits soft. He can't work the body with Canelo. Canelo will return back with heavy shots and I don't think Cotto can even dent someone like Canelo. So I don't think you'll see the left hook much . You'll see him trying to box mixing the left at times and try to win rounds, not KO. at 154 he's just too small. People need to realize this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        I have always liked Cotto, met him on a few occasions and think he's a good guy. Quiet guy but I don't think he's a bad person.

I also think there's something going on with him in his head. He seems to go from trainer to trainer lately and Pedro Diaz was excellent.

I know this (not trying to drop names) but I also had the pleasure of training in the same gym with him when he trained Pascal in Ft Lauderdale for the Dicondu fight.

Roach is a legendary trainer, knows his stuff but I also think that Cotto is an old dog, and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Rodriguez will be the perfect fight for Cotto to look good in, but I just don't think he can beat any elite fighter at 147 or 154 anymore.
        I don't think there's anything wrong with cotto, mentally. While I think Diaz is a great trainer style makes fight and I just don't think cotto's style fits with Diaz way of training. It's like he was holding cotto back. Cotto was never really a technical defensive fighter and I feel Diaz was trying to turn cotto into one.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
          I don't think there's anything wrong with cotto, mentally. While I think Diaz is a great trainer style makes fight and I just don't think cotto's style fits with Diaz way of training. It's like he was holding cotto back. Cotto was never really a technical defensive fighter and I feel Diaz was trying to turn cotto into one.
          I disagree, as a trainer you ADD ON to what the fighter already knows when dealing with a veteran boxer. Diaz wasn't trying to change what Cotto did, but he was trying to teach him that you can win a fight in a different way than just going forward and banging to the body.

Against Margarito II, that was the PERFECT game plan for Cotto. One of the reasons he lost the first one was because he stood in front of him too much and you can never do that with a prime Marg.

In the end, Cotto will fight his fight. You don't have nearly a 20 year career and then all of a sudden change, it doesn't happen like that.

Comment

Looking at Miguel's physique has me feeling optimistic about him putting on a good show on Saturday. I hope I'm right and he's gotten rededicated to the sport. I still wish Roach could convince him to go down to 147. :\

War Cotto!!!

Comment

Working...
            X