No announcement yet.

David Price: 'I Want the Loser of Haye-Fury'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price: 'I Want the Loser of Haye-Fury'

Will Price ever learn? He ought to fight some journeyman or bum, to get some confidence back. Who is training him now - does anyone know?

David Price says he wants to fight Tyson Fury in the coming months as he bids to re-launch his challenge to become heavyweight champion.

Price had endured a difficult year following back-to-back defeats against Tony Thompson, with many questioning his attitude and commitment.

However, the 30-year-old says he can still rise to the top, and wants to face Fury next, who is being tipped to lose his forthcoming fight with David Haye.

‘I think it is realistic for me to face the loser of the David Haye-Tyson Fury fight given the position I’m in,’ said Price.

‘In my opinion the loser will be Tyson Fury and me against him is the fight people have wanted to see for a long time.’

Price might have had a tough year, and be struggling at present, but he remains confident he can bounce back and still enjoy a strong finish to his career.

‘I had great momentum coming into the year and nobody could have foreseen what was going to happen, but it’s happened.

‘The heavyweight division is wide open; below the Klitschkos there are lots of opportunities, especially in this country.’

I want the looser thats a refreshing stance and even realistic for Price I am hoping for a Fury KO VS Haye though it will not be easy and Price vs Haye would get about as much interest from me as a Prince Hamed comeback vis almost none two fighters who seem to not really give a damn and seem very uninterested in boxing

Comment

"Nobody could have forseen what was going to happen"

That's where you are wrong you deluded, jug-eared, glass-jawed, stiff idiot. A matter of time before he's spinning on his back like a turtle again.

Comment

That was from ringside but he didn't really say it quite like that...

They asked if he wanted the winner of Haye vs Fury and he said it'd be unrealistic and needs to get some other fights under his belt first and the loser would be more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
          That was from ringside but he didn't really say it quite like that...

They asked if he wanted the winner of Haye vs Fury and he said it'd be unrealistic and needs to get some other fights under his belt first and the loser would be more realistic.
          Certainly a novel approach -more usually it's the winner who gets the challenges

But yeah, credit to Price, realistically he's not in the picture as a financial draw, and has a long, long road ahead of him if he wants to rebuild his credibility as a fighter - though this only increases my respect for him as a person.

Comment

Price should fight Seth Mitchell after 2-3 cans. Now that would be an explosive 50-50 fight. Literally whoever lands first.

If used his jab hed probably easily KO Seth for some much needed confidence and be able to move onto a Malik Scott, Banks, or Chisora

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Liverpudlians are loyal fellas. I expect Price to keep filling out the EcHo whoever he fights...

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
                Price should fight Seth Mitchell after 2-3 cans. Now that would be an explosive 50-50 fight. Literally whoever lands first.

in fairness price would obliterate mitchell

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                  "Nobody could have forseen what was going to happen"

That's where you are wrong you deluded, jug-eared, glass-jawed, stiff idiot. A matter of time before he's spinning on his back like a turtle again.
                  lol coffee through the nose alert!! insert hysterical laugh smilie when we get one here

Comment

Originally posted by Wesker115
                    Liverpudlians are loyal fellas. I expect Price to keep filling out the EcHo whoever he fights...
                    You never know though because Mitchell hits hard and if he lands like Tony it could be over.

Comment

Working...
                    X