No announcement yet.

Klitschko appreciation thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

H2h I also place him highly. But its not a provable stat to place greatness upon.
    What PROVABLE stat do you place greatness on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      Not everything can be proved with stats in this world. Learn it. Greatness can be assessed in several ways. And no, you don't hold the truth. Only in your own narrow mind.
      So how do you assess greatness? What exactly is your criteria?

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        What PROVABLE stat do you place greatness on?

I can prove how good a fighters comp is by looking at who they fought and beat and who their opponents fought in beat. I'll use the example I used in another thread and add it with fact that four of his last 10 opponents NEVER fought a top 10 fighter, one only recently got his first win over a top 10 in spite of being a ranked pro for years now, and another beat a guy with a worse shoulder injury than Vits had. If we don't give Byrd credit than surely Chisora deserves none.

Take Deontay Wilder for instance He's got a pristine record. Even has a 1st round ko over a former heavyweight titlist. If he retires tomorrow do we call him one of the best from this era? Or do we more accurately say he never fought anyone good to truly evaluate how good he was?

Comment

I can prove how good a fighters comp is by looking at who they fought and beat and who their opponents fought in beat. I'll use the example I used in another thread and add it with fact that four of his last 10 opponents NEVER fought a top 10 fighter, one only recently got his first win over a top 10 in spite of being a ranked pro for years now, and another beat a guy with a worse shoulder injury than Vits had. If we don't give Byrd credit than surely Chisora deserves none.

Take Deontay Wilder for instance He's got a pristine record. Even has a 1st round ko over a former heavyweight titlist. If he retires tomorrow do we call him one of the best from this era? Or do we more accurately say he never fought anyone good to truly evaluate how good he was?
          There's no way of proving that one fighter from one era is better than a fighter from another era.

Comment

• I'm a fan. Dominant and respectful fighters.

Looking forward to watching Wlad this weekend.

Comment

There's no way of proving that one fighter from one era is better than a fighter from another era.
              No, but there is a way to tell how proven these fighters were by looking at there comp. Do you agree or disagree with this? Wilder has beaten everyone and by knockout. If he retires today do we call him one of the era's best or do we examine who he actually fought to get rated in the top ton and than judged?

We both know if he retired today Deontay would be frowned upon as a fraud. So why are we giving credit to Vits opponents who haven't accomplished much more? I think Vitaly is a great fighter, but his comp has been weak therefore I can't6 justify putting him in with the greats who actually beat more proven competition.

Comment

Imagine how the HW division would be without the klits. I wonder whether people would say that it's at an all time low or saying that it's one of the best eras ever. As much as the last bit seems laughable, then think if we had great competitive fights between the top dogs. Fans would like that.

I reckon the klits are too good for their own good.
                Great post and most likely very accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  Great post and most likely very accurate.
                  No, but there is a way to tell how proven these fighters were by looking at there comp. Do you agree or disagree with this? Wilder has beaten everyone and by knockout. If he retires today do we call him one of the era's best or do we examine who he actually fought to get rated in the top ton and than judged?

We both know if he retired today Deontay would be frowned upon as a fraud. So why are we giving credit to Vits opponents who haven't accomplished much more? I think Vitaly is a great fighter, but his comp has been weak therefore I can't6 justify putting him in with the greats who actually beat more proven competition.

Comment

Goodness knows how often you've wrote this kind of post and STILL the Klitlickers try to spin it in their boyfriends favour.

Comment

• Wlad Klitschko, if he isn't top 10 already, will be top 10 ever at heavyweight when he's done.

Say what you will about his competition, I certainly have, his consistent dominance is admirable and far from easy to do, no matter who he is fighting. Staying on your game fight after fight after fight is truly remarkable. That dominance alone will earn him a lot of praise when he retires, especially when we're left with far worse fighters slugging it out over the belts once Wlad is gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X