Edwin Rodriguez gets $1 million dollar purse for Ward fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    to all the jokers who thought rodriguez should take the initial offer:

this is why you don't take the first offer. an extra 200K can buy you a house.
    Agreed. DiBella did the right thing playing hardball with the goosens.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
      I wonder what Ward's purse is. But should be an intriguing fight. Ward should fight more active after this, 2-3 times a year before his prime slips away.
      2.1 million

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
        Wow...that's a big purse for a guy I don't even know.
        Ronnie Shield trains him, he has been on televised bouts. He is actually a very solid comback fight against Ward.

HBO had a short list of ppl that they were willing to pay for to fight Ward and he was one of them. And also he has been the very few that has been calling out Ward

Comment

Wow...that's a big purse for a guy I don't even know.
          how do you not know who this kid is? hes been the hottest up and comer in this division for like 2 years now.

Comment

Ward needs to move up or down in weight or his career is going to stall even more.
            Ward can't move down really. He's really more a LHW anyways (about 185 ring weight), and look at the problems GGGs having trying to net a decent fight at 160. In fact GGGs the only viable opponent for Ward at 160, and he sure as hell ain't gonna want to drain hisself down to 160 to fight Golovkin when GGG will come up.

175 is pretty exciting right now, I'd suggest it's time for Ward to move up. He already fought Sad Chad (though at 168) and La Bombas last fight was Grachev at a catch somewhere in between, so he's halfway there already.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 09-23-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Agreed. DiBella did the right thing playing hardball with the goosens.
              Yeah, good negotiating by Di Bella (or was it Al Haymon yet again )

Originally posted by TheSlickster View Post
              I wonder what Ward's purse is. But should be an intriguing fight. Ward should fight more active after this, 2-3 times a year before his prime slips away.
              Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
              2.1 million
              ^^^

This fight is between the top 2 North American SMWs, the equivalent of Froch v Groves.

Froch sparred with Rodriguez and said Edwin's better than Abraham so it's a good test for Ward.

That's his choice...but I think his career will suffer. The 168 division sucks.
              It really doesn't, unless you only watch the little guys of 140 and 147 (which wouldn't surprise me if you don't know who Rodriguez is).

Comment

Rodriguez wins even if he loses

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
                  2.1 million
                  Plus the gate.

Comment

I watch a lot of boxing...a lot...and if I never heard of this guy, he must be fighting obscure fighters on obscure networks if televised at all.
                    He's been on HBO twice against Don George in the Martinez-Macklin undercard and the main event against Jason Escalera.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      Plus the gate.
                      2.1 Mill it is then

Comment

Working...
                      X