No announcement yet.

Floyd will never be beaten

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    The risk factor is on who he fights and when he fights them. They wanted an inexperienced, flat-footed, no stamina, low work-rate that can bring in buckets of revenue for Floyd. Then just to be sure that the cards are all stacked in Floyd's favor, they get Canelo to go down to 152 CW.

Floyd Sr, "That's Canelo's plan? We want him to move because he gets tired easily"

Ellerbe, "We are fully aware that Canelo has many weaknesses and Floyd will be prepared to take full advantage of them....... Look, I know that Floyd will beat him that is why I approved the fight."
    Firstoff, you NEVER know until you get in that ring and fight. That's obvious in any form of combat.

Second, EVERY fighter has many weaknesses. Pacquiao has many weaknesses. Martinez has many weaknesses. Mayweather has many weaknesses.

After 43 fights, if you're still that inexperienced, your team should be the ones to recognize it. Name another fighter at 147-154 that you could guarantee would easily beat Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by purecyse View Post
      Firstoff, you NEVER know until you get in that ring and fight. That's obvious in any form of combat.

Second, EVERY fighter has many weaknesses. Pacquiao has many weaknesses. Martinez has many weaknesses. Mayweather has many weaknesses.

After 43 fights, if you're still that inexperienced, your team should be the ones to recognize it. Name another fighter at 147-154 that you could guarantee would easily beat Canelo.
      Based on his fights, I figured it out that he wasn't ready and so were others. I figured out those points that I stated and for sure Floyd's team figured it out.

Go check out the polls on who people thought would win. Only about 25% thought he would win and most of those thought that he would only win by KO. Those who picked Canelo were mainly Canelo fans and a few that always votes against Floyd. So people need to stop saying that "before the fight people thought so and so was going to beat Floyd" because the polls didn't show that against Canelo nor Guerrero nor Cotto.....

Many well-known boxing people who have been interviewed stated that Canelo lacked experience, conditioning, fought too flat-footed, didn't take enough risks and so on. Even Showtime commentaries pointed out some of this. Including that Canelo lacked experience and needed at least another year. You should ask yourself who Canelo fought in those fights and which fight(s) had similar style to Floyd?

Lastly, styles make fights. Canelo was planning to beat Floyd like he beat Trout but Trout doesn't box like Floyd. Floyd moves and counters better, better hand speed and is harder to hit. Canelo may beat many other opponents but if those fighters have good movement and can counter punch, Canelo will have a tough time .... but hopefully he will take this as a learning experience and realize his mistakes.
      Last edited by ADP02; 09-22-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
        I'm not a fan of Mayweather, I dislike the guy, but it's as clear as daylight that he will never be beaten. Not because of his ability (he is very talented), but because he never takes risks.

Realistically, there are only two fighters out there who IMO could realistically cause Floyd some serious problems. Manny and Martinez (at 154). I'm not saying these two would beat Floyd, but they'd definitely have a chance, unlike the fighters who've recently been getting in the ring with Floyd. He just doesn't want to take any risks, he cares too much about his 0 without realising that true greats are remembered for who they've beaten, no their 0. True greats beat other true greats.

You can bet your house on Floyd not taking another challenging fight until he retires. And I'm not talking about overrated and overhyped fighters like Canelo, who only casual boxing fans are/were excited about and that was because of what they heard, not what they saw.

To quote Floyd.

It not about fighting the best, it is about making smart boxing decision to move up a level.

Floyd is and never has been interested in fighting the toughest challenge out there, Pacquiao, Martinez or Margarito, when the quote was made.

He only interested in fighting easiest of fights for most money.

Can blame him though, blame a lot of the fan boys for falling for the hype train time and time again, because without them Floyd would not get away with it and have to fight the tough fights for the big money.

Comment

well floyd could have been beaten had he fought prime margarito, prime cotto, prime pac, etc..he now can breathe easy knowing all of his toughest challenegs are mainly out of the picture...

Comment

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
            Mayweather is just a ultra fast fighter with the reflexes of a cat, but no power and no Warrior spirit.

He'll continue to win fights while taking no risk at all. He entertains outside of the ring with his mouth. Inside the ring, he's all time great BORING.
            Bent over and ****ted on Marquez with ease

Comment

So now all the sudden Canelo was no threat? and you had to make an alt to make this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                So now all the sudden Canelo was no threat? and you had to make an alt to make this thread?
                Top 5 names on Canelo's record?

Not a big puncher

Inferior footwork

Does not throw enough punches

Poor stamina

Green

Don't tell me you got aboard the hype train

A year ago, when Floyd announce he was going to fight Guerrero a lot of people thought Floyd should win that one with ease but at least it was not Canelo.

Apart from Trout, he has not proved himself at 154lbs fighting none of the other top fighters in the division.

I think Canelo is a good fighter, still improving but he had none of the attributes that could cause Floyd problems.

Dodgy gameplan as well.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  Top 5 names on Canelo's record?

Not a big puncher

Inferior footwork

Does not throw enough punches

Poor stamina

Green

Don't tell me you got aboard the hype train

A year ago, when Floyd announce he was going to fight Guerrero a lot of people thought Floyd should win that one with ease but at least it was not Canelo.

Apart from Trout, he has not proved himself at 154lbs fighting none of the other top fighters in the division.

I think Canelo is a good fighter, still improving but he had none of the attributes that could cause Floyd problems.

Dodgy gameplan as well.
                  EVERYTIME Floyd fights someone..before the fight is signed"Floyd will duck them" then when the fight is signed"Floyd will lose"..Then once he dominates them "oh they were a cherry pick and no risk"

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
                    EVERYTIME Floyd fights someone..before the fight is signed"Floyd will duck them" then when the fight is signed"Floyd will lose"..Then once he dominates them "oh they were a cherry pick and no risk"
                    I did not call for the Canelo fight, some did though, but that hype was whipped up by Floyd and the fall out over the Guerrero Card.

Prior to that nobody was calling for the fight apart from a tiny minority.

Nobody wanted to see the Guerrero fight before that was signed.

Cotto, yes people wanted to see that, but not before a Pacquiao or Martinez fight, and a fight with Cotto should have happened 4 years earlier, not when Cotto was shopworn by his beat downs by Margarito and Pacquiao

Ortiz, please, nobody wanted that before it was signed

Mosley, people had called for this one for years before, Floyd finally took it when Shane was 38 and had 17 months out of the ring and had a 6 month training camp because of canceled fights

Marquez, nobody again wanted to see that fight.

From that list I give Floyd credit for finally taking on Cotto, but you know yourself Cotto was not as his physical prime as he would have been 4 years prior.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      I did not call for the Canelo fight, some did though, but that hype was whipped up by Floyd and the fall out over the Guerrero Card.

Prior to that nobody was calling for the fight apart from a tiny minority.

Nobody wanted to see the Guerrero fight before that was signed.

Cotto, yes people wanted to see that, but not before a Pacquiao or Martinez fight, and a fight with Cotto should have happened 4 years earlier, not when Cotto was shopworn by his beat downs by Margarito and Pacquiao

Ortiz, please, nobody wanted that before it was signed

Mosley, people had called for this one for years before, Floyd finally took it when Shane was 38 and had 17 months out of the ring and had a 6 month training camp because of canceled fights

Marquez, nobody again wanted to see that fight.

From that list I give Floyd credit for finally taking on Cotto, but you know yourself Cotto was not as his physical prime as he would have been 4 years prior.
                      "Jabs don't count in boxing"

Comment

Working...
                      X