Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO will take over from here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schaefer said he was working on 13 major fights, HBO done set their fights people are forgetting Golden Boy can add fights.

Comment

alvarado vs provodnikov

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        HBO is the B team compared to Showtime. HBO is featuring numerous fights that no one wants to see, but hard core fans will watch anyway -- at least the fights on regular HBO.

Marquez-Bradley should be on regular HBO not on PPV. Pacquaio-Rios should be on regular HBO and an argument could be made for putting it on Friday Night Fights. Instead of Mikey Garcia vs. Roman, they should be showing Mikey vs Rigondeaux, even if it was at a catchweight. Cloud/Stevenson belongs on FNF and Cotto/Rodriguez won't be competitive.
        Wow never herd hbo reffered to as the b team. Showtime had floyd vs canelo. Besides the better fights have been on hbo. And the rest of the year is all on hbo. What world u living in

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
          HBO have got:

Golovkin v Stevens
          Bradley v Marquez
          Klitschko v Povetkin
          Ward v Rodriguez
          Pacquiao v Rios
          Froch v Groves
          Haye v Fury (likely re-scheduled)

and probably a couple more I haven't recalled.
          Originally posted by TheRealOneShot View Post
          Schaefer said he was working on 13 major fights, HBO done set their fights people are forgetting Golden Boy can add fights.
          Exactly right.

Comment

I still like Sho's lineup more, but HBO is making itself known after going ghost, so that's good.

Problem is they are bound to TR, and that's a lesser promotional company to Golden Boy, with less promising fighters overall in the long term

but I have both networks

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
              I still like Sho's lineup more, but HBO is making itself known after going ghost, so that's good.

Problem is they are bound to TR, and that's a lesser promotional company to Golden Boy, with less promising fighters overall in the long term

but I have both networks
              They're not bound to TR, they'll work with anyone but GBP. In theory SHO is not bound to GBP, but look at the reality. Chances are SHO cannot sustain the big, expensive GBP roster, much less work with other promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                They're not bound to TR, they'll work with anyone but GBP. In theory SHO is not bound to GBP, but look at the reality. Chances are SHO cannot sustain the big, expensive GBP roster, much less work with other promoters.
                Their expenses are getting bigger and bigger.

Comment

what happens if gary russell is with showtime and tba is with hbo?

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    I could tell you were an HBO Stan, Showtime isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Excluding the PPV fights, nothing beats Alvarado-Provodnikov in Denver. Alvarado fights with heart and pride. Now imagine him fighting in his hometown. Its gonna be a good one.

Quillin-Rosado on Hopkins undercard should be good. I think Quillin has a glossy record but he's over-rated. Rosado has a spotty record but he's under-rated. I'm picking Rosado by split dec. Quillin gets one judge for fighting in his hometown, but Rosado capitalizes on Quillin's flaws.

Comment

Working...
                      X