Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO will take over from here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got both, and unless you don't (every real fan should) then I don't see what the big deal is.

Comment

i expect HBO to dish out some more FOTY candidates....

Comment

HBO vs Showtime is seriously the most nonsensical argument I come across on this forum. Why???

Why do you care who shows the fights as long as you are getting good fights? Are you a fan of a cable network or boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
          HBO vs Showtime is seriously the most nonsensical argument I come across on this forum. Why???

Why do you care who shows the fights as long as you are getting good fights? Are you a fan of a cable network or boxing?
          Showtime = GBP house network. Promotional allegiances among posters are nothing new, so this spills over. You see a common talking point that Showtime is kicking HBO's a$$, doesn't seem grounded in reality

Comment

December is gonna be a good month for gbp. Khan broner Thurman maybe Lara trout mares. I still wanna see Vic Ortiz fight

Comment

I just canceled my cable so it doesn't matter to me. I had HBO but not Showtime. Mediacom tried to double my bill when my contract was up.

Thank goodness for streams.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                December is gonna be a good month for gbp. Khan broner Thurman maybe Lara trout mares. I still wanna see Vic Ortiz fight
                That's mostly gonna be on the Broner Maidana PPV, which is a sketchy move but necessary if they can't get these guys paid otherwise. It doesn't do much for the subscribers though

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                  and Chavez Jr vs. Vera
                  Cloud vs. Stevenson
                  Cotto vs. Rodriguez
                  Donaire vs. Darchinyan
                  Mikey vs. Roman

HBO is stacked this fall doe...
                  HBO is the B team compared to Showtime. HBO is featuring numerous fights that no one wants to see, but hard core fans will watch anyway -- at least the fights on regular HBO.

Marquez-Bradley should be on regular HBO not on PPV. Pacquaio-Rios should be on regular HBO and an argument could be made for putting it on Friday Night Fights. Instead of Mikey Garcia vs. Roman, they should be showing Mikey vs Rigondeaux, even if it was at a catchweight. Cloud/Stevenson belongs on FNF and Cotto/Rodriguez won't be competitive.

Comment

I got both so it doesn't really matter to me. To me I think HBO has had the better fights so far. The thing that Showtime is doing that I like is putting on these triple headers. HBO needs to do this too...

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      HBO is the B team compared to Showtime. HBO is featuring numerous fights that no one wants to see, but hard core fans will watch anyway -- at least the fights on regular HBO.

Marquez-Bradley should be on regular HBO not on PPV. Pacquaio-Rios should be on regular HBO and an argument could be made for putting it on Friday Night Fights. Instead of Mikey Garcia vs. Roman, they should be showing Mikey vs Rigondeaux, even if it was at a catchweight. Cloud/Stevenson belongs on FNF and Cotto/Rodriguez won't be competitive.
                      And yet HBO has better viewership numbers, more FOTY contenders, and a jam packed schedule for the rest of the year. So far SHO only has Hopkins Murat and Khan TBA scheduled till next year, and this is normally the busiest stretch. There's also the Broner PPV but that's the same price if you subscribe to SHO or not.

Also, you're delusional. Mikey can't get to 124. There's few fights on showtime this year as legit ranking wise as Stevenson Cloud. FNF, WTF is Broner Maidana then?

Comment

Working...
                      X