No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Great interview. For all those that have been screaming for a Molina rematch, there you go. I would welcome a rematch with either Carlos or Angulo, moreso Molina. Lara's fight with him was too controversial. Let's clear things up. As for Alfredo, Landy won that fight clearly. He rose from the canvass twice to literally beat "Perro" into submission. A rematch would be exciting, so I wouldn't mind it, but there's no real need.
    Says the biased Cuban fan. 1 of 8 Cuban boxing fans lol

The prob with Lara is he couldn't sell out a publix parking lot in Miami

His own Cubans show him no love

I want Lara vs trout

Comment

Originally posted by Cuerno~de~Chivo View Post
      Says the biased Cuban fan. 1 of 8 Cuban boxing fans lol

The prob with Lara is he couldn't sell out a publix parking lot in Miami

His own Cubans show him no love

I want Lara vs trout
      Tell me one thing I said wrong, big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        I would love to see that.
        The guy thinks Floyd might be able to walk down GGG

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          I'm really confused when it comes to the Floyd-Guerrero numbers. Everybody on here saying the show bombed. But if you google the topic, damn near every article says it did a million.
          Idk dan rafael on espn said he had a very trusty source that the fight did 870,000 ppvs...those r actually pretty good numbers but didnt meet showtime expectation.which is whymayweather chose to fight canelo..there saying that fight did more then 2.2 million,and rafael concurs..so there is truth to it

Comment

fighting a guy that's taller with a longer reach that can box hell no Floyd would drain the **** out of him before he fights him

Comment

I was never sold on Alvarez giving Floyd a good fight..I said as much for months,but Lara I can see giving Floyd serious issues..I would give Floyd major props for fighting a Lara..

I can't even think of a fight I'd wanna see more..Can anyone think of a better fight then this??

Comment

I agree. In a weight indifferent world, I'd pick Rigondeaux to beat Floyd.
                Are you serious?You think A little guy like Rigondeaux would beat the most skilled boxer in the world whose much bigger then Rigondeaux?Either your letting that performance against Donaire fool you or that`s your wishful thinking.I said last year that Donaire is overrated and that Rigondeaux would beat him but people thought i was crazy.Donaire is slow and very basic,So of-course Rigondeaux look fantatic against Donaire.I doubt Rigondeaux look like that against Gary Russell Junior,whose way faster then Donaire and way more skilled then Donaire.

Comment

Seeing how 300k buys is excellent for a boxing ppv. Anything in the neighborhood of a million is awesome, IMHO. Don't really get folks saying the show bombed.
                  Floyd was averaging 1.2 to 1.5 in his last 4 fights...showtime when they signed floyd to a 6 fight contract had the impression that floyd is (was) a huge draw which he is but they expected to much from floyd at first,so when the guerrero fight did less then expected numbers 870,000 ppv buys which is a very succesful ppv,it didnt meet showtime expectations,this is why mayweather and canelo fought..yhough garcia vs mathysse had alot to do with those numbers too..ppv buys exceeded 2.2 million as of now,and they r still tallying up...

Comment

Originally posted by drenlou View Post
                    Idk dan rafael on espn said he had a very trusty source that the fight did 870,000 ppvs...those r actually pretty good numbers but didnt meet showtime expectation.which is whymayweather chose to fight canelo..there saying that fight did more then 2.2 million,and rafael concurs..so there is truth to it

Floyd told Canelo he would fight him next if he beat Guerrero and if Canelo beat Trout.Canelo told Floyd to sign a contract promising him he`ll fight him next.Floyd said he`s not signing no contract and that he focuses on one fight at a time?And Floyd kept his promise of fighting Canelo after Floyd himself beat Guerrero.So regardless if Floyd/Guerrero did well or not,Floyd would have still fought Canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      Kid, Angulo was on top of Lara for the whole fight, they fought on the smallest ring they could find on top of that they didn't let Lara dehydrate, while Angulo went up 21 pounds, and you are saying that Lara can't handle pressure, like I some say you are tripping, beside ginger only throws 10 punches per round if he goes over that you have bring some oxygen
                      I dont care. Canelo is a much better fighter than Perro. I think Canelo would crash that little dude.

Comment

Working...
                      X