No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: I Would Retire Angulo, I Can Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    And I suspect that if Floyd fights and beats him. You'll be leading the charge to point out that Lara is without a signature win on his resume. Lost to Paul Williams after the motorcycle accident. And has draws against C class fighters like Molina and Vanes.
    Huh? Nobody would be saying that cause nobody had him losing, and it was before the accident?!

Comment

I'm really confused when it comes to the Floyd-Guerrero numbers. Everybody on here saying the show bombed. But if you google the topic, damn near every article says it did a million.
      They never actually said it did a million, they said they were confident it would reach 1m when all the numbers were in, next friday

Comment

I want Lara vs Trout so bad it hurts. PLEASEEEEEEEEE make this happen GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          I want Lara vs Trout so bad it hurts. PLEASEEEEEEEEE make this happen GBP.
          Really? That sounds like a snoozer for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Huh? Nobody would be saying that cause nobody had him losing, and it was before the accident?!
            Obviously, you don't interpret sarcasim real well.

Comment

Obviously, you don't interpret sarcasim real well.
              the accident thing threw me off

Comment

They never actually said it did a million, they said they were confident it would reach 1m when all the numbers were in, next friday
                Seeing how 300k buys is excellent for a boxing ppv. Anything in the neighborhood of a million is awesome, IMHO. Don't really get folks saying the show bombed.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerFlow View Post
                  Julian Williams fight on the Canelo-Trout undercard. He talked about how incredibly spongy the ring was. So much so, that he switched his pick from Trout to Canelo. Go to 3:10 of video to hear details.

http://m.youtube.com/results?q=julia...?v=c9YE3YFMqbQ
                  lol Interesting. That's what Lara was referring to when he called the ring a bed mattress. A soft 17 foot ring is a good way of slowing down a slick fighter. That's the only way the slow "Perro" was able to compete with a guy like Landy. I might be able to compete with Usain Bolt if the track is covered in grease. lol

Comment

the accident thing threw me off
                    Seeing how P-Willy hasn't walked since the accident. I thought it was a dead giveaway for sarcasim.

Comment

I think lara just did a better job promoting himself in one interview then all the efforts of GBP and Schaffer combined.

Also, if his advisor is Al Haymon why did Lara get contractually shafted in the Angulo fight? Small ring, hydration clause, soft mat why would a Haymon fighter be given those disadvantages?

Comment

Working...
                      X