Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Robert Garcia is going to get his wish and train Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahah, watch his reaction when he sees how unresponsive he is to garcia

Comment

Chavez is going to need more than a good trainer to have him beat GGG. I mean seriously if there was a rematch between Jr and Martinez I would favor Martinez now at this point. His body is breaking down fast, and this time I doubt Chavez does nothing for 11 rounds. GGG is a different monster, Chavez would be stuck in his shell again, still be the dumber fighter but might have less power possibly as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        This is a perfect fit, I expect Jr to show a lot of improvement.
        disagree, what Jr needs is for someone to teach him how to use the jab and some basic boxing defense. Neither of these things are the strong suit of any of Garcias fighters

Comment

I think Garcia is an overrated trainer. Rios can't box for ****. Margacheato go worked everytime Garcia was in his corner. Donaire is a self motivated guy with a lot of natural talent, a lot of trainers would have success with him. I will give him credit for Mikey Garcia though, that guy can flat out box. Hard to tell how much impact he had on Maidana as the fight was a typical one for him against Josesito Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
            Hahaha. You know what? Shoot me. I like him.

Big, dopey-lookin', twelve-sandwich-eatin', beer-drinkin', dope-smokin' fresa. But with nuts, this kid.

The way he followed a really good, borderline-great fighter around, Sergio Martinez and just getting his ass totally kicked the whole time for 11 rounds and going to his corner looking beat up and discouraged, but coming out for the next round of ass-kick and still following, chasing, maybe without finesse but doggedly, wretched and bleeding and then FINALLY GETTING A PIECE OF THAT SMARMY ****ER AND BEATING HIM ****ING DOWN!!!

Yeah, only for a minute. Yeah, he couldn't close the deal and ended up chasing again and losing a lopsided decision. But he never gave up. Even though his daddy's rich and he wanted to.

And there's more. His tormentor needed surgery after and didn't fight for a long time and then didn't look the same when he did...

So you go and let that good trainer make you. Go and learn some discipline. Some humility.

Some spoiled rich kids stay spoiled and worthless their whole lives. Permanent Juniors. With talent, even.

Some grow up and become men and baddass.

War Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
            Yeah the kid doesn't train as hard as he should but I love the fact that he wants to go to war. And almost seems to enjoy getting hit only to return.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
              I think Garcia is an overrated trainer. Rios can't box for ****. Margacheato go worked everytime Garcia was in his corner. Donaire is a self motivated guy with a lot of natural talent, a lot of trainers would have success with him. I will give him credit for Mikey Garcia though, that guy can flat out box. Hard to tell how much impact he had on Maidana as the fight was a typical one for him against Josesito Lopez.
              All of Garcia's fighters are offensive fighters and tend to fight at a high pace. Maybe he just wants to mold Chavez into his next Margarito

Comment

Robert is going to regret this

Comment

Now he can buy burritos w/ Brandon

Comment

Working...
                  X