Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Robert Garcia is going to get his wish and train Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Robert Garcia is going to get his wish and train Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

You may remember seeing all those videos of robert garcia talking about how if he could train any fighter it would be chavez jr. Also says that if he trained Chavez he would be able to beat GGG.He even says he would only charge Chavez for his training only if Chavez beats Martinez.

Robert Garcia has revealed that is on the verge on training middleweight contender Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. The former 160 lb titlist is due to face-off with Brian Vera at 168 lbs next weekend, but is keen to nail down a rematch with former-conqueror Sergio Martinez who trashed the Mexican on points last September. Chavez Jr (46(32)-1-1) has not fought at all this after being suspended following testing positive for Marijuana in the wake of his defeat to the Argentinian champion.

Chavez Jr. and his legendary father have been at odds this year over who should train him with the fighter originally stating he would ban his father from working his corner altogether, although he has since backed down on the claim. Garcia will be ringside for the Mexicans comeback bout versus Vera (23(14)-6) and will, alongside his new strength and conditioning coach Alex Ariza, start training him for a busy 2014 which should see an anticipated rematch with Martinez come to fruition.

Garcia is at the helm of one of boxing’s most formidable stable of fighters. The American’s gym over in Oxnard, California houses star names in Brandon Rios, Nonito Donaire and Marcos Maidana and has been universally praised with Garcia awarded 2012 trainer of the year for his feats. The former super-featherweight titlist has recently started working with Ariza who will now be strength and conditioning coach to Rios, Maidana and Chavez Jr. following an acrimonious split with Freddie Roach.
    http://boxscorenews.com/robert-garci...-p63232-68.htm

This is a perfect fit, I expect Jr to show a lot of improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      This is a perfect fit, I expect Jr to show a lot of improvement.
      Yep. Just need to get Chavez to train hard and work on a few things then he could reach his full potential.

Comment

I got 2 questions:

Will robert be in the corner of jr in the vera fight?
        Will jr go down back to 160 to fight sergio?

Comment

and team leyenda continues to get even better

Comment

When does Ariza spill the beans on Roach and Pacquaio?

Storyline for 24/7 Pac/Rios

Comment

Is Robert going to train him over the phone? Because I don't think Jr will have enough spare time to drive from Oxnard to an East LA barbeque and hit the bong with his girl..??

Comment

Should be interesting to see what direction Sergio Martinez goes with his next couple fights. I know he wanted to fight Cotto but it seems like he may be muscled into the rematch with Junior first.

Personally, I can't see Sergio beating an expectedly more disciplined Chavez under Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                  Is Robert going to train him over the phone? Because I don't think Jr will have enough spare time to drive from Oxnard to an East LA barbeque and hit the bong with his girl..??
                  Hahaha. You know what? Shoot me. I like him.

Big, dopey-lookin', twelve-sandwich-eatin', beer-drinkin', dope-smokin' fresa. But with nuts, this kid.

The way he followed a really good, borderline-great fighter around, Sergio Martinez and just getting his ass totally kicked the whole time for 11 rounds and going to his corner looking beat up and discouraged, but coming out for the next round of ass-kick and still following, chasing, maybe without finesse but doggedly, wretched and bleeding and then FINALLY GETTING A PIECE OF THAT SMARMY ****ER AND BEATING HIM ****ING DOWN!!!

Yeah, only for a minute. Yeah, he couldn't close the deal and ended up chasing again and losing a lopsided decision. But he never gave up. Even though his daddy's rich and he wanted to.

And there's more. His tormentor needed surgery after and didn't fight for a long time and then didn't look the same when he did...

So you go and let that good trainer make you. Go and learn some discipline. Some humility.

Some spoiled rich kids stay spoiled and worthless their whole lives. Permanent Juniors. With talent, even.

Some grow up and become men and baddass.

War Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
                  Last edited by lefthook2daliva; 09-22-2013, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                    is dummy going to duck a Lucas rematch?

Comment

Working...
                    X