No announcement yet.

Tonights British fights chat...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    He reminds me of a poor man's Amir Khan, with less snap on his punches.
    Spot on summary old chap.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      "per capita" is not a measurement of "p4p." that's ridiculous.

it's a measurement of frequency in occurrence / total population.

america's case, badass boxers / total murrican population.

"per person"

it's a silly argument [per capita successes diminishing actual accomplishments,] brought up by people who don't like america. there's a f#cking website dedicated to looking at the olympics in that manner. trinidad and tobago are the greatest olympic nations of all time under that system. it's ******ed, and diminishes the accomplishments of nations based on the amount of people they've got.

america isn't only good at boxing and other sports because we're heavily populated. are india or china some great sporting nation? they're several times the size of the states.

americans are good at boxing because we're f#cking good at boxing. it's a petty tactic to attribute it to population size alone, and a tactic of those who aren't accomplished.

at least try and act like you know what you're talking about.
      America is good at sports because it has a big population along with the investment in sports such as quality trainers, buildings, facilities and also people aren't making 3 dollars a day trying to survive.

Money talks, people will work hard if there is a chance to earn money. People in China and India are busy working trying to live.

Comment

• saunders should think about turning amateur. he has the perfect style to succeed there.

Comment

• Saunders won the UD, but looked crap.

Ryder only has himself to blame for starting slow and being passive in a few rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
            Saunders won the UD, but looked crap.

Ryder only has himself to blame for starting slow and being passive in a few rounds.
            Saunders didn't look in very good shape to me. I have a suspicion he thinks he's above this level now & cut corners.

He fights better with better opposition.

Although I have to admit I am biased due to being part ***** myself.

Comment

• Lots of these guys in this thread tonight huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
                Lots of these guys in this thread tonight huh?
                I knew there would be as soon as I read the thread title. It seems the word 'British' appears to stir up a lot of emotion in the average American boxing fan.

Comment

• Had to flick between the channels tonight, so missed a few of the fights.

Callum Smith was impressive again, going to be a good fighter him.
                  His brother Liam was good aswell tonight. Ochieng looked good early on an it was a pretty even fight until the half way stage.
                  Some achievement for those brothers to hold 3 British titles and the same time...fair play to them.

Enjoyed Matthews fight (as usual), felt a KO was coming as Woodhouse was always going to stand and trade.

Only caught the end of the Chisora fight and missed Frankin Gavin altogether, so il catch them tomorrow.

The Ryder - Saunders fight was a close one..Ryder came on stronger than i expected towards the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                    I knew there would be as soon as I read the thread title. It seems the word 'British' appears to stir up a lot of emotion in the average American boxing fan.
                    Yes mate, i agree. Seems to be the same bunch of posters aswell more often than not.

Comment

• Boxnation commentators ridiculously biased toward Saunders I just about got through it.

Not really a memorable night of fights despite the vast amount of them across two channels.

Comment

Working...
                      X