No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael had Mathysse 114-112 winning against Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Actually, if not for the knockdown Lucas probably wins the rounds and the fight on two judges' scorecards. All three judges had it reasonably close, very well judged fight. It was the only fight that didn't have a weird scorecard that night.
    I agree. And it doesn't seem to support some previous speculation that Lucas couldn't win a close fight on the cards. I think that if he had won just one round more than Danny, he would have likely won a split decision.

Comment

hopkins did beat calzaghe

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Actually, if not for the knockdown Lucas probably wins the rounds and the fight on two judges' scorecards. All three judges had it reasonably close, very well judged fight. It was the only fight that didn't have a weird scorecard that night.
        People also forget that a point was taking from Garcia to make it as close as it was on the cards as well..Garcia clearly beat Matt's,it was not as close as many are trying to make it..

Comment

Lots of boxing writers had Matthysse the winner or had the fight even. If there was a rematch I would pick Matthysse to win it.

Comment

Had Garcia lost points for the low blows and not been awarded a dubious knockdown, I could see it being close. But he only lost the one point and the referee counted the knockdown so Fat Dan's card is terrible.

Comment

It was a close fight, a lot of 50/50 rounds! I had Danny winning by a round, but I didn't feel Lucas should have been penalised for the knockdown, it was behind the head and he was between the ropes, had that not been given I would have had it a draw!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Lots of boxing writers had Matthysse the winner or had the fight even. If there was a rematch I would pick Matthysse to win it.
                The winner of what fight?

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
                  It was a close fight, a lot of 50/50 rounds! I had Danny winning by a round, but I didn't feel Lucas should have been penalised for the knockdown, it was behind the head and he was between the ropes, had that not been given I would have had it a draw!
                  When you finally do see the fight tomorrow, make sure you come back and tell us that Matthysse lost by a point, and that the knockdown wasn't legit. This **** is getting monotonous with you butt hurt guys thinking that Matthysse barely lost and won. This is truly sickening to read. Next time pay for the ppv, that way you don't have to make yourselves look like fools......trying to act like you saw the fight. Lmao

Comment

Garcia should have been deducted a few points for low blowing, holding and clinching...

And that fake knockdown was a 3 point switch.

Lucas clearly won the fight.

Garcia should give him the rematch or winner of khan/alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
                      Props to Danny Garcia and even more props to the judges who scored a close fight correctly...
                      Dan Rafael (12:07 PM)

Agreed. I also had the fight close, 114-112 for Matthysse. I thought Mattthysse was ahead on points most of the way but Danny took the lead late in the fight. Matthysse was never the same after the eye blew up.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. And this moron is the senior Boxing writer for ESPN?
                      Relax,Fat Dan is very good for boxing.

He had a bad night scoring for the ONE. He has Money winning 12 rounds.

Now even the Mayweathers had Floyd winning more than 9 rounds. Canelo won 4 rounds,maybe even 5.

Garcia won the fight and the Vegas judges got it right on both fights.Meaning the right fighters won who deserved to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X