No announcement yet.

Who wins: Evander Holyfield Vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent

Do you not see all these things in that match cause they existed in that whole Novice era
    https://youtu.be/nibVCRhqcx4?si=FR05qes86YrC4OG_
    check this one out.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

https://youtu.be/fiNgUxPs1C4?si=ljs0Tm4HJWjENYoy
      tell me if these two guys were novices.
      for their era not novices very skilled

Comment

great for their era but if i compare to guys in 90s in the same class these guys look very dated

Comment

for their era not novices very skilled
          Mantequilla would have whoop any 140-147 in any era novice or advance.

Comment

Mantequilla would have whoop any 140-147 in any era novice or advanced.
            The fiction version yea the one I saw on video no, just as I exposed/exposed multiple times how novice-like the 30s-40s is I can do the same with any 70s guy you know this already do you not,

you have no proof of any average guy I could show you from the 90s-now who Mante fought for you to say he could beat anybody

You're basis is like others is based on who he fought with tech and flaws of his era

Do you really want me to expose?, that proof I'm the one here on this site who sees every obsolete tech and flaws of every era which is why I say what I say often it's not any bias of liking any fighter over another

You can't for a fact show any video as I said all you have is words
            Last edited by Ascended; 04-01-2024, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The fiction version yea the one I saw on video no, just as I exposed/exposed multiple times how novice-like the 30s-40s is I can do the same with any 70s guy you know this already do you not,

you have no proof of any average guy I could show you from the 90s-now who Mante fought for you to say he could beat anybody

You're basis is like others is based on who he fought with tech and flaws of his era

Do you really want me to expose?, that proof I'm the one here on this site who sees every obsolete tech and flaws of every era which is why I say what I say often it's not any bias of liking any fighter over another

You can't for a fact show any video as I said all you have is words
              Are you blind, or you just don't know how to assess talent?

Comment

• Boxing isn't unique in its worship of the past, but it does tend to go to a further extreme. No one thinks football players from the 1940s would be anything but roadkill in today's NFL. No one thinks the 60s Celtics team could win a single game against today's NBA. So why is boxing different? Is it because of weight classes?

Today's athletes are light years better than the athletes from the 70s and before. They are stronger, faster, and better trained. They have more technology at their disposal to help training, and we simply know a lot more about the human body and getting it to peak performance than we did even 30 years ago. Boxing is no different, the greats from the 60s and 70s would get destroyed by the greats of today. Even if we went back to 15 rounds, probably even more so then.

Thinking Rocky Marciano could hang with Evander Holyfield is like thinking Bob Cousy could guard prime Lebron James.
                moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                  Boxing isn't unique in its worship of the past, but it does tend to go to a further extreme. No one thinks football players from the 1940s would be anything but roadkill in today's NFL. No one thinks the 60s Celtics team could win a single game against today's NBA. So why is boxing different? Is it because of weight classes?

Today's athletes are light years better than the athletes from the 70s and before. They are stronger, faster, and better trained. They have more technology at their disposal to help training, and we simply know a lot more about the human body and getting it to peak performance than we did even 30 years ago. Boxing is no different, the greats from the 60s and 70s would get destroyed by the greats of today. Even if we went back to 15 rounds, probably even more so then.

Thinking Rocky Marciano could hang with Evander Holyfield is like thinking Bob Cousy could guard prime Lebron James.
                  ​nobody as advanced as these guys existed in 30s-50s,this wasn't even frazier 5th match and is way more advanced than the whole louis era which looks novice like compared

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    Boxing isn't unique in its worship of the past, but it does tend to go to a further extreme. No one thinks football players from the 1940s would be anything but roadkill in today's NFL. No one thinks the '60s Celtics team could win a single game against today's NBA. So why is boxing different? Is it because of weight classes?

Today's athletes are light years better than the athletes from the 70s and before. They are stronger, faster, and better trained. They have more technology at their disposal to help with training, and we simply know a lot more about the human body and getting it to peak performance than we did even 30 years ago. Boxing is no different, the greats from the 60s and 70s would get destroyed by the greats of today. Even if we went back to 15 rounds, probably even more so then.

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent

I've been told mutiple times by crazy cult members here my breakdown is a lie/interpretation/bias/ I don't understand/ its funny what I say/my eyes don't work correct,

yet everything is from this match and every other match with guys in this novice-like era I didn't makeup anything it's all on video

Last edited by Ascended; 04-02-2024, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Are you blind, or you just don't know how to assess talent?
                      Did you not see me say skilled for his skilled yet dated compared to the 90s,

like what didn't I address?, you're slow and not all there for lying saying the man could beat any guy in his class in any era yet never even faced guys as advanced as the average from the 90s let alone now which automatically means you're comment isn't valid you're blind not me

I don't say crap like outdated fighters could beat way more advanced ones
                      Last edited by Ascended; 04-02-2024, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X