Who wins: Evander Holyfield Vs Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

You didn't watch, didn't you?
    when I watch matches even before I post I see advances, when I'm just watching anytime I see advances, if I'm speaking to a person I remember the advances, see how you always will be wrong it doesn't bother you I see those guys as trash does it

It only hurts me to show and say how trash they were, see how you're very slow on top of crazy and liar you're so slow you didn't even realize before I posted vids or said how trash those guys were I saw it in private but that didn't bother you did it?
    Last edited by Ascended; 03-27-2024, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended View Post

when I watch matches even before I post I see advances, when I'm just watching anytime I see advances, if I'm speaking to a person I remember the advances, see how you always will be wrong it doesn't bother you I see those guys as trash does it

It only hurts me to show and say how trash they were, see how you're very slow on top of crazy and liar you're so slow you didn't even realize before I posted vids or said how trash those guys were I saw it in private but that didn't bother you did it?
      Advances? I know the tv is much advanced nowadays but what that have to do with boxing quality?

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post

Advances? I know the tv is much advanced nowadays but what that have to do with boxing quality?
        Keep trolling crazy idiot can't alter video/delete videos, you can at least try, can't you? That's what you thought words could do against videos, didn't you?

Go ahead and waste more words that mean nothing to me and that can't alter video
        Last edited by Ascended; 03-27-2024, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• Not really familiar with fighters from 20-50s, so of course I might have recency bias (was born in the late 90s), I don't think professional boxing has really changed that dramatically when it comes to skill when watching old school fights.

There have been improvements in weight cutting where fighters like Haney can cut down to lightweight and physical training that allows fighters to be closest consistently at their peak in fight night.

However fighters aren't machines, they can only push their physical limits to an extent. Today's fighters wouldn't be that much more physically athletic compared to old school fighters of the same size. It depends on the individual.

That said, it's difficult to imagine a fighter who be considered a light heavyweight in today's standards fighting a full blown roided giant with a granite chin that took on and won against the likes of Foreman, Tyson, Holmes, Riddick Bowe and etc. Just a tad difficult to imagine.

Even today's heavyweight despite that most aren't that skilled, are giants compared to the 80s, often 6'5 up to 6'7 (if not taller) feet tall. Size discrepancy just seems too big, if the fight is between two we'll proven fighters.

Carlos Monzon was considered quite big for a Middleweight, he is average in today's standards (though he has a long reach). Napoles is closer to a light welterweight.
          Last edited by Feroz; 03-27-2024, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feroz View Post
            Not really familiar with fighters from 20-50s, so of course I might have recency bias (was born in the late 90s), I don't think professional boxing has really changed that dramatically when it comes to skill when watching old school fights.

There have been improvements in weight cutting where fighters like Haney can cut down to lightweight and physical training that allows fighters to be closest consistently at their peak in fight night.

However fighters aren't machines, they can only push their physical limits to an extent.

That said, it's difficult to imagine a fighter who be considered a light heavyweight in today's standards fighting a full blown roided giant with a granite chin that took on and won against the likes of Foreman, Tyson, Holmes, Riddick Bowe and etc. Just a tad difficult to imagine.

Even today's heavyweight despite that most aren't that skilled, are giants compared to the 80s, often 6'5 up to 6'7 (if not taller) feet tall. Size discrepancy just seems too big, if the fight is between two we'll proven fighters.

Carlos Monzon was considered quite big for a Middleweight, he is average in today's standards (though he has a long reach). Napoles is closer to a light welterweight.
            These are ww in 80s do you not see these guys use way more angles/more fluid/timing better/better defense then guys in the same class I posted srr fought in the 30s which looks trash compared to this

Last edited by Ascended; 03-27-2024, 03:08 PM.

Comment

These are ww in 80s
              They seem like average contenders that also be average contenders in today's standards. Like a David Avanesyan or a Cody Crowley.

Comment

They seem like average contenders that also be average contenders in today's standards. Like a David Avanesyan or a Cody Crowley.
                Well they wouldn't be average today cause they wouldn't make pro today cause they are too outdated but those guys were for a fact way more advanced than the whole 30s-40s so you're exposed as a liar saying you think it hasn't advanced,

you shouldn't lie in public where he can see

Comment

• Originally posted by Ascended

You said you think it hasn't changed which was a lie,let's see how good you're vision is then do you not see these things in this match cause this was in 30s

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent
                  Will watch the videos later (With also other recognizable fighters from that time) and see what you mean about the inferior fundamentals displayed. Robinson seemed like a counter puncher that got caught often trying to time his opponent often in the video.
                  Last edited by Feroz; 03-27-2024, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Well they wouldn't be average today cause they wouldn't make pro today cause they are too outdated but those guys were for a fact way more advanced than the whole 30s-40s so you're exposed as a liar saying you think it hasn't advanced,

you shouldn't lie in public where he can see
                    I think do well even after 40 years later, agree to disagree.

By the way I am stating an opinion, not stating points as if they were facts here. So no I am not lying.

Comment

I think do well even after 40 years later, agree to disagree.

By the way I am stating an opinion, not stating points as if they were facts here. So no I am not lying.

They don't fight from range much; they leave themselves open a lot. A lot of times, they will just throw themselves into the body and not protect themselves. They use mostly counters when up close; the lateral movement is very basic; they don't seem to be able to punch from range while doing it smoothly; they have to stop then punch most of the time; and their feet are mostly tiptoeing.​ And a lot of times they wait for the person to hit them, standing right in front of their opponent

Do you not see these things in this match

Comment

Working...
                      X