Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember the hype Maidana got after he KO Ortiz?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
    And that's exactly what im talking about!!! you are a front runner fan and Danny Garcia is far from a master boxer. Hes a boxer puncher who tries to hurt people as much as he boxes and Im fine with that. But again all you do is cheer for the sure thing. I like my fighters who take risks who want to finish you have fun cheering for the flavor of the month slick boxer who loses once and that's it. They don't take enough risks to ever recover from a loss and you of course will just pretend like you never liked them. I see your kind on these message boards all the time.
    My kind lol. Some of My favorite boxers have multiple losses.
    Martinez
    Froch
    Pacquiao
    Hopkins
    Cotto
    now Matthysse. The guys I root for the hardest are not a sure thing lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
      My kind lol. Some of My favorite boxers have multiple losses.
      Martinez
      Froch
      Pacquiao
      Hopkins
      Cotto
      now Matthysse. The guys I root for the hardest are not a sure thing lol
      But those are unskilled brawlers according to you remember? A lot of those guys hurt people!

Comment

But those are unskilled brawlers according to you remember? A lot of those guys hurt people!
        Not sure where I said that. Your just assuming I only like Undefeated boxers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          Power will only take you so far. We saw more evidence of this on Saturday night. Matthysse is a very hard hitter with marginal boxing skills. Maidana is even worse. If it was all about power guys like Jackson and McClellan would be ATG and Randall Bailey would be in the top 10 P4P. I don't care how hard you it, if you don't have the skill to back it up, eventually you'll get exposed. People's admiration for big punchers tends to cloud their judgment.
          Gerald McClellan would have been an ATG if not for the tradgity had he lost his last fight and been able to continue he most likely have figured out he needed to train hard to continue to succeed he had great power but his boxing skills were also top shelf it was his stamina that was his downfall on the night
          And I like how all these master boxer fans wanna call someone who uses his god given skills to hurt people an unskilled boxer. Rather then sit in a fuking shell and throw 30 punches a round and those punches are mostly jabs oh yeah so exciting. Go watch a fencing match because that's what most of your so called master boxers produce in the ring. A fuking fencing match!!!!!
          Sweet Pea is a great example of a boxer that threw a lot of punches well over double the 30 punches/ round quoted and usually over 70 punches /round and over 90 in some fights
          but I agree that power punchers are often overhyped just like fighters with great speed are often overhyped because these are assets that can not be greatly increased and make the building blocks for great fighters its like a baseball pitcher that throws 98+mph will always get drafted because they figure they can teach them control placement and movement on their pitches but sometimes the best are Greg Maddux throwing 90mph top speed never walking batters and not hitting the batters sweet spot and disguising the delivery of pitches its when you get a fighter with the power or speed that puts in the work and improves the other areas then you have someone special

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
            Gerald McClellan would have been an ATG if not for the tradgity had he lost his last fight and been able to continue he most likely have figured out he needed to train hard to continue to succeed he had great power but his boxing skills were also top shelf it was his stamina that was his downfall on the night

Sweet Pea is a great example of a boxer that threw a lot of punches well over double the 30 punches/ round quoted and usually over 70 punches /round and over 90 in some fights
            but I agree that power punchers are often overhyped just like fighters with great speed are often overhyped because these are assets that can not be greatly increased and make the building blocks for great fighters its like a baseball pitcher that throws 98+mph will always get drafted because they figure they can teach them control placement and movement on their pitches but sometimes the best are Greg Maddux throwing 90mph top speed never walking batters and not hitting the batters sweet spot and disguising the delivery of pitches its when you get a fighter with the power or speed that puts in the work and improves the other areas then you have someone special
            Pernell is awesome loved that guy and he knocked people out. But that baseball analogy yeah I hate baseball and I think its as boring as Floyd lol!

Comment

Pernell is awesome loved that guy and he knocked people out. But that baseball analogy yeah I hate baseball and I think its as boring as Floyd lol!
              Floyds KO'd more fighters than Pernell did Pernell only Knocked out 17 fighters in 46 fights but I do see him as a more exciting fighter than floyd Floyd uses the same fight every fight and I believe that is what is boring he studies his opponents and disects them with potshots in the ring Pernell went into each fight blind having never watched tape of the fighters he went up against and used what he learned about them and addapted to them while using his basic defense people call floyd a genius in the ring and maybe he is but Pernell did it all on the go learning from round one and dominating more and more as the fight went on because like Floyd he was in tremendous shape and expects to go 12 rounds every fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                I like how fans of unskilled brawlers are always bashing master boxers.

GGG is the next to be exposed, preferably by the hands of Sergio, Ward, Bhop or Peter Quillin
                So let me get this straight, according to you Golovkin is an "unskilled brawler" and Peter Quilin is a "master boxer"?

Comment

100% on the money these fuking Mongofloyd fans what the fuk do they know about boxing history. They follow Floyd, Brohner, and maybe Andre Ward Maybe, and lets call them what they are! front runner fans that's all they are!!! I am almost certain that every Floyd tard is a Yankees fan, this year they are raven fans, Miami Heat fans, and fans of whoever won the fuking Stanley cup. It's oh so easy to cheer for a sure thing. and they call themselves boxing fans!

Comment

The Garcia/Matthysse situation is very similar to the Khan/Maidana situation, but Matthysse did much better with his chance than Maidana, who mostly got beat on against Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                      I like how Fans of one dimensional ass brawlers like Maidana and Margarito are constantly bashing fighters with skills and ring smarts.

Comment

Working...
                      X